Q. I need help with my depression and anger.

Dr. Amit Shivraj Dhamankar
Published on Apr 11, 2017

I feel like I need help with depression and anger. I am a single mom and constantly feel irritated mostly with myself. I cannot seem to be able to do the simplest tasks. It is an effort to get up, to shower, and to get dressed. The only reason I do it is because I am a mom. I feel so guilty all the time that my little girl is left with just me, as her dad is not interested. It is not postnatal, as I have had periods like this before her birth. And my bond with her is so strong, and she is the only good and right thing I have ever done. I am so sad, and my esteem is rock bottom, and I have learned to hide it well. I put a smile on, but I feel it is getting worse, and I do not go out anymore. I am losing touch with most of my friends. My doctors have this system, where you speak to the receptionist, then they have a phone interview to see if you need an appointment. I am terrified they will just laugh at me and tell me to go away.

Dr. Amit Shivraj Dhamankar

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I understand how difficult it is to struggle every day with yourself, to fight the anger and depression within you. I have treated many patients who go through this trauma every day.

My advice for you would be, try taking the following.

1. Tablet Tryptomer (Amitriptyline) 10 mg, before sleeping, strictly for a month.
  2. Meet you friends or at least be in touch with them through any means. You may also find many online portals for making friends, as friends are the support system of your emotional life.
  3. Try meditation, relaxation techniques, and breathing exercises.
  4. Exercise improve your hormone imbalance, which may be the reason for the emotional outburst.
  5. Take a vacation with your daughter, as it will change the surrounding and increase your enthusiasm.
  6. If there is any counseling center, please enroll in it and have regular counseling sessions.
  7. Eat a healthy diet, increase fresh fruits and salads in your diet. It increases your energy level and vitality.
  8. Tablet Matilda forte (Multivitamin), once daily after food for a month.
  9. Tablet Uprise D3 60k (Cholecalciferol), once a week for four weeks.

Please follow this advice for a week, and if you find it helpful, feel free to revert.

Revert after a week to a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now