Q. I need help with my depression and anger.

Answered by Dr. Amit Shivraj Dhamankar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Depression or Sad Mood? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I feel like I need help with depression and anger. I am a single mom and constantly feel irritated mostly with myself. I cannot seem to be able to do the simplest tasks. It is an effort to get up, to shower, and to get dressed. The only reason I do it is because I am a mom. I feel so guilty all the time that my little girl is left with just me, as her dad is not interested. It is not postnatal, as I have had periods like this before her birth. And my bond with her is so strong, and she is the only good and right thing I have ever done. I am so sad, and my esteem is rock bottom, and I have learned to hide it well. I put a smile on, but I feel it is getting worse, and I do not go out anymore. I am losing touch with most of my friends. My doctors have this system, where you speak to the receptionist, then they have a phone interview to see if you need an appointment. I am terrified they will just laugh at me and tell me to go away.