Q. What are the causes of extreme ear pain?

Dr. Saadia

I have extreme pain in my left ear, and it feels as if the ear is going to explode. Now I feel fullness in my right ear also. I can barely hear anything, and the pain is getting worse.

I have the following symptoms,

1. Extreme ear pain.
  2. Unable to sleep.
  3. Very difficult to move my face.
  4. I can barely hear anything.
  5. Red and hot ear.
  6. Dryness of skin inside and outside the ear.

Previously I had an ear infection, but it was not this severe.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

Your condition sounds like an ear abscess or infection causing extreme pressure and pain. I would suggest seeing a doctor in the emergency room or urgent care as you would need antibiotics accordingly. Meanwhile, I would suggest tablet Ibuprofen 600 mg thrice a day. But I would again suggest seeking urgent care for treatment and pain killers. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. It is my pleasure to help you today.

Best wishes.

|