Ask a "Cervical Spine Surgery Specialist" Online
Ask your Cervical Spine Surgery queries to our experienced neuro surgeons and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled neuro surgeons who specialized in Cervical Spine Surgery treatment.
Click here to see a Sample Answer »
About "cervical spine surgery"
Surgery involving the cervical spine that is the seven vertebrae that make up the vertebral column in the neck is called cervical spine surgery. Most of these surgeries are done endoscopically, which requires only tiny incisions to be made. A few types of cervical spine surgery are:
- Arthroplasty – It is replacing a cervical disc with a prosthesis.
- Cervical laminectomy – It is done by removing a portion of the bone to relieve pressure on the nerves in the neck.
- Posterior foraminotomy – This surgery relieves pressure on a nerve root as it exits the spinal canal between the vertebrae.
- Posterior fusion – In cases of chronic neck pain, fusing two vertebrae reduces pain and improves range of motion.
- Tumor resection – Done to remove non-cancerous spinal tumors.