Ask your Heart Block queries to our experienced cardiologists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled cardiologists who specialized in Heart Block treatment.
Your first Query is FREE !
Abnormality in the heart rhythm caused due to a complete or partial blockage between the upper and lower chambers of the heart is called heart block. The types of heart block are:
1. First-degree – The electrical impulses reach slowly. Usually, no symptoms are seen.
2. Second-degree (Type I) – Here, due to delay in subsequent heartbeats, a beat fails to reach the ventricle entirely. Commonly seen during sleep and is physiologic.
3. Second-degree (Type II) – Here, some of the electrical impulses do not reach the ventricles. It is more serious than type I and might require treatment with a pacemaker.
4. Third-degree – In this type of heart block, none of the electrical impulses reach the lower chambers of the heart from the upper chambers. Patients feel fatigue, lightheaded, and exhausted. Here, a permanent pacemaker is inserted.
5. Bundle branch block – In this type, the electrical impulses are partially or completely blocked as they travel through the ventricles.
"Concise and well informed"
--Someone from Los Angeles, United States, 18 hours ago
"Thank you for the fast response. I will seek medical atte"
--Someone from Tucson, United States, 18 hours ago
"It was very detailed! Exactly what I needed. Thank you"
--Someone from Alabaster, United States, 18 hours ago
"Expected more detailed message but was prompt reply"
--Someone from United States, 18 hours ago
"Calmed me down and gave me a clear an"
--Someone from Telford, United States, 18 hours ago
1210 Doctors Online