Ask your Heart Block queries to our experienced cardiologists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled cardiologists who specialized in Heart Block treatment.
Your first Query is FREE !
Abnormality in the heart rhythm caused due to a complete or partial blockage between the upper and lower chambers of the heart is called heart block. The types of heart block are:
1. First-degree – The electrical impulses reach slowly. Usually, no symptoms are seen.
2. Second-degree (Type I) – Here, due to delay in subsequent heartbeats, a beat fails to reach the ventricle entirely. Commonly seen during sleep and is physiologic.
3. Second-degree (Type II) – Here, some of the electrical impulses do not reach the ventricles. It is more serious than type I and might require treatment with a pacemaker.
4. Third-degree – In this type of heart block, none of the electrical impulses reach the lower chambers of the heart from the upper chambers. Patients feel fatigue, lightheaded, and exhausted. Here, a permanent pacemaker is inserted.
5. Bundle branch block – In this type, the electrical impulses are partially or completely blocked as they travel through the ventricles.
"Thank you so much"
--Someone from Brentwood, United States, 2 hours ago
--Someone from Santa Ana, United States, 10 hours ago
"I liked this"
--Someone from Chattanooga, United States, 13 hours ago
--Someone from Birmingham, United States, 16 hours ago
1209 Doctors Online