Ask a 'Diabetes Complications Specialist' Online
Ask your Diabetes Complications queries to our experienced diabetologists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled diabetologists who specialized in Diabetes Complications treatment.
Your first Query is FREE !
Click here to see a Sample Answer »
About "Diabetes complications"
If you have diabetes for a long time, the chances of you getting diabetes complications are more. Some of the possible complications that can be disabling or even life-threatening are:
- Heart problems – Increases the risk of angina, heart attack, stroke, and atherosclerosis.
- Neuropathy – Nerve damage due to excess blood sugar.
- Nephropathy – Damage to the kidneys leading to kidney failure or irreversible end-stage kidney disease.
- Retinopathy – Damage to the blood vessels of the retina, which can lead to blindness.
- Skin infections – Skin becomes prone to bacterial and fungal infections.