Ask your Infant Feeding queries to our experienced paediatricians and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled paediatricians who specialized in Infant Feeding treatment.
Hover here to see a Sample Answer »
Your first Query is FREE!
Giving infants a nutritious and healthy diet is very important for their proper growth and development. Some of the recommended dietary tips for infants include:
1. An infant should be only breastfed up to 6 months of age. Breastfeeding can be continued until the child’s first birthday.
2. Vitamin D supplement should be given for breastfed babies.
3. Healthy and iron-rich food should be introduced after 6 months.
4. Give the baby a wide variety of healthy food with different textures.
5. After 9 months, give nutritious snacks 2 to 3 times a day.
6. After 6 months, encourage the baby to drink from a cup.
7. Avoid sugary beverages.