Your first Query is FREE !
2238 Doctors Online
Ask your Infant Feeding queries to our experienced paediatricians and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50+ highly skilled paediatricians who specialized in Infant Feeding treatment.
--Someone from Mumbai, India, 12 hours ago
--Someone from Yerevan, Armenia, 12 hours ago
--Someone from Mumbai, India, 15 hours ago
--Someone from Karachi, Pakistan, 17 hours ago
--Someone from San Francisco, United States, 17 hours ago
"Thank you doc"
--Someone from Manama, Bahrain, 20 hours ago
--Someone from Kuwait City, Kuwait, 20 hours ago
"Thank you madam"
--Someone from San Francisco, United States, 20 hours ago
"Very detailed response provided"
--Someone from Delhi, India, 23 hours ago
Giving infants a nutritious and healthy diet is very important for their proper growth and development. Some of the recommended dietary tips for infants include:
1. An infant should be only breastfed up to 6 months of age. Breastfeeding can be continued until the child’s first birthday.
2. Vitamin D supplement should be given for breastfed babies.
3. Healthy and iron-rich food should be introduced after 6 months.
4. Give the baby a wide variety of healthy food with different textures.
5. After 9 months, give nutritious snacks 2 to 3 times a day.
6. After 6 months, encourage the baby to drink from a cup.
7. Avoid sugary beverages.