Common "Colon Cancer" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Colon Cancer

Colon or large intestine cancer primarily develops in the elderly. Benign polyps on the inner wall of the colon undergo malignant transformation. Symptoms include fatigue, weight loss, bloody stools, changes in bowel habits, etc. Obesity, alcoholism, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, old age, family history, diabetes, food lacking fibers and rich in fat, inflammatory intestinal diseases, family history, etc., are the risk factors. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy are the available treatment options.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have periodic blood in my stool. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have periodic blood coming out of my stool once a month for the last one year. It is very periodic and is not regular. Along with that, I recently developed frequent indigestion and stomach burning sensation. I do have a history of gastric issues though. Now, I am really confused if I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern as bleeding along with stool (bleeding per rectum) is a major concern for any individual. Do not worry much as there are more noncancerous causes of bleeding per rectum than cancerous causes in your age group. So, you need thorough investi...  Read Full »

My 69-year-old mother suffers from colon cancer. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 69 years old, smoker and she was diagnosed with colon cancer. She used to suffer from her stomach pain and we ended up doing a colonoscopy for it and the doctor found a tumor. We need to know what is the best way to help her and what is recommended in her case? Should the docto...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the reports of your mother (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per reports she has a sigmoid colon cancer. There is no distant spread of cancer (not spread outside colon) as per CT scan reports. The report is also showing multiple re...  Read Full »

How do I get treated for differentiated adenocarcinoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma, a moderately differentiated sigmoid mass with one pericolic lymph node positive for metastasis. Is the Folfox chemotherapy the best treatment for my stage 3 colon cancer? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. As per your details, it looks like sigmoid colon cancer stage 3. Yes, the standard chemotherapy treatment for stage 3 colon cancer is Folfox-6 for six months. But not all the patients with stage 3 are candidates for Folfox-6. The type of tr...  Read Full »

I had colon cancer. Is a gallbladder polyp related to it?

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with colon cancer five years ago. I had surgery, and they removed the tumor. Unfortunately, they found cancer in one of my lymph nodes. Currently, I am undergoing chemotherapy. I had an ultrasound done the other day. My liver looked fine, but they found a 3 mm polyp in m...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As per the details and images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) provided by you, it looks a stage 3 colon cancer. So chemotherapy as adjuvant treatment is advised for six months. It is unlikely that gall bladder polyp is related to colon cancer....  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.