Diabetic Care

Why is my vision opaque after a corneal transplant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having vision problem in my right eye. I had corneal transplant done and no stitches have been removed. My vision is opaque now. Is this possibly a rejection? For the eye, I am using Prednisolone, Timolol, antibiotic eye drops and Muro 128. I am diabetic and also taking medicines fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The outcome of the corneal transplant usually depends on the cause for which it is done. If it is done for optical reasons (vision) then vision is usually good. If it is done for therapeutic reasons (to save the collapse of the eye ball) then the visual out...  Read Full »

My father loses his body fat through urine and on electro homeopathy Na Cl. Suggest a better treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, My father has diabetes, and the doctor said he loses the fat of the body through urine. Like no muscle inside the body. He takes electro homeopathy NaCl drip two to three times a week. Please suggest some thing how to be better?  Read Full »

Dr. Bilal Munawar

Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with diabetes mellitus can develop contracture of digits and limbs as a result of soft tissue thickening in these areas. This can lead to wasting of the muscle from disuse. This is referred to as atrophy. You did not mention your father age, and if he is old...  Read Full »

Please suggest a non-vegetarian diet plan for diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old female. I am on diabetic medication since two years. I have attached my reports. Two months ago, my blood sugars were 149 FBS and 154 PPBS. The doctor had prescribed Istamet 50/500 (1-0-1), Gliclapack 30 mg (1-0-0), and Benipack 4 mg (1-0-1). Last week, the sugars w...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet plan for you is as follows: Early morning: green tea or black tea. After 10 minutes: three to four soaked almonds and walnuts. Breakfast: one glass of skimmed milk and three idlis with sambhar (avoid coconut chutney) or khandvi or besan chela or moong d...  Read Full »

What fruits can a diabetic person have?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is a diabetic. He likes to have fruits. But I am worried he is not supposed to eat some kind of fruits. Please advise regarding what kind of fruits he can have and those which he should not have.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fiber-rich foods are generally safe for diabetics to eat because they tend to have a lower glycemic index and therefore do not spike blood sugar levels to the same extent as high glycemic index foods. Fruits with high fiber content include passion fruit, orange, raspber...  Read Full »

Please help me control my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient and under insulinfor the past 5 years. So, please help me to control it. I recently did a medical checkup. I have attached my reports here. I want you to suggest yoga remedies as well as home remedies (I am a pure vegetarian).  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail, and my observations are: Your blood sugar level is much higher than normal. This can be seen from the HbA1c and average blood glucose values. It is important for you to get ...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my sugar values?

Query: Hi doctor,My fasting blood sugar is 130 and postprandial is 121. After breakfast, I took a sugar tablet. What is your opinion about my values?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your postprandial blood sugar value is within normal limits that is 1.5 to 2 hours after food. Your morning dose of medicine for diabetes seems to be working perfectly for your body condition. But, your fasting blood sugar level of 130 is slightly high. You might need...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for hypoglycemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is getting hypoglycemic attacks during early morning hours. Hypoglycemic attacks are episodes of low blood sugar values occurring in blood. Due to this she is having excessive sweating and weakness. Taking a sweet item is the correct treatment for such an atta...  Read Full »