Diabetic Care

Will diabetes cause difficulty in breathing?

Query: Hi doctor, This is for my dad, and we found out that he has diabetes. He became very worried which makes him difficult to breathe and cannot get enough sleep and rest at night. He had stomachache and he used to skip meals, and drink coffee and soft drinks. After a blood test, we found that he has d...  Read Full »

Dr. Aleph

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Perhaps your father has misperceptions about the disease and that is causing his anxieties and worries. It is unfortunate he developed but it does not mean it is the end for him. As long as he takes his medications, does his routine laboratory workups and checks with...  Read Full »

Can I take medicine for diabetes while on fasting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45-year-old female. I have hypertension for four years, and I take Co-Diovan 80/12.5. In the past days, I performed blood sugar tests on Accu-check device and got the following results respectively in four days after eight to ten fasting hours: 283, 364, 420, 483. After the lock...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have diabetes mellitus and your weight is high as well. If you do not have symptoms you can go for fasting. You need to do HBA1c (glycated hemoglobin) which will show your average sugar over two to three months previously. Check your eyes for retinopathy. Kidney fu...  Read Full »

My FIL's right hand is partially amputated. What are the other options for AV fistula placement?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my father in law aged. He is 58 years old and is diabetic and currently under medication for BP also. He has a history of two major heart attacks. In the last five years, he did not have any major heart issues. Recently due to extensive amount of medications taken f...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhinav Gupta

Diabetologist, Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three main types of AVF (arteriovenous fistula). The radiocephalic fistula is a forearm fistula created by anastomosing the side of a radial artery to the end of a cephalic vein. It is also referred to as the Brescia-Cimino fistula. The brachiocephalic fistul...  Read Full »

For how long should I continue the medicine for diabetes and cholesterol?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently got married and moved abroad. When I was in India last time, we got the medical tests done and diagnosed with diabetes HbA1c of 10.2 and fasting blood sugar as 235. Doctor gave me Cetapin XR 1000 mg and asked me to use it for three months and get the medical test done....  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) has improved really well. I am happy about that. As advised by the doctor continue taking Cetapin the same dose. But as of Lipitor is concerned I think onl...  Read Full »

Why is my vision opaque after a corneal transplant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having vision problem in my right eye. I had corneal transplant done and no stitches have been removed. My vision is opaque now. Is this possibly a rejection? For the eye, I am using Prednisolone, Timolol, antibiotic eye drops and Muro 128. I am diabetic and also taking medicines fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The outcome of the corneal transplant usually depends on the cause for which it is done. If it is done for optical reasons (vision) then vision is usually good. If it is done for therapeutic reasons (to save the collapse of the eye ball) then the visual out...  Read Full »

My father loses his body fat through urine and on electro homeopathy Na Cl. Suggest a better treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, My father has diabetes, and the doctor said he loses the fat of the body through urine. Like no muscle inside the body. He takes electro homeopathy NaCl drip two to three times a week. Please suggest some thing how to be better?  Read Full »

Dr. Bilal Munawar

Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with diabetes mellitus can develop contracture of digits and limbs as a result of soft tissue thickening in these areas. This can lead to wasting of the muscle from disuse. This is referred to as atrophy. You did not mention your father age, and if he is old...  Read Full »

Please suggest a non-vegetarian diet plan for diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old female. I am on diabetic medication since two years. I have attached my reports. Two months ago, my blood sugars were 149 FBS and 154 PPBS. The doctor had prescribed Istamet 50/500 (1-0-1), Gliclapack 30 mg (1-0-0), and Benipack 4 mg (1-0-1). Last week, the sugars w...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet plan for you is as follows: Early morning: green tea or black tea. After 10 minutes: three to four soaked almonds and walnuts. Breakfast: one glass of skimmed milk and three idlis with sambhar (avoid coconut chutney) or khandvi or besan chela or moong d...  Read Full »

What fruits can a diabetic person have?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is a diabetic. He likes to have fruits. But I am worried he is not supposed to eat some kind of fruits. Please advise regarding what kind of fruits he can have and those which he should not have.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fiber-rich foods are generally safe for diabetics to eat because they tend to have a lower glycemic index and therefore do not spike blood sugar levels to the same extent as high glycemic index foods. Fruits with high fiber content include passion fruit, orange, raspber...  Read Full »

Please help me control my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient and under insulinfor the past 5 years. So, please help me to control it. I recently did a medical checkup. I have attached my reports here. I want you to suggest yoga remedies as well as home remedies (I am a pure vegetarian).  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail, and my observations are: Your blood sugar level is much higher than normal. This can be seen from the HbA1c and average blood glucose values. It is important for you to get ...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my sugar values?

Query: Hi doctor,My fasting blood sugar is 130 and postprandial is 121. After breakfast, I took a sugar tablet. What is your opinion about my values?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your postprandial blood sugar value is within normal limits that is 1.5 to 2 hours after food. Your morning dose of medicine for diabetes seems to be working perfectly for your body condition. But, your fasting blood sugar level of 130 is slightly high. You might need...  Read Full »