Diffusion Weighted Imaging

Related Terms: Mri Of Brain, Ct Scan Of Brain, Brain Infections, Dementia, High Blood Pressure, Aspirin, Bodybuilding

Two strokes detected on the CT and MRI. How to deal with?
Query: Hello doctor, My 62-year-old mother had a slight cognitive impairment. She has the following medical conditions: High blood pressure for which she is on Concor 5 Plus High blood glucose for which she is on Galvus 50 and Insulin Three stents in her heart operated 18 months ago and she is o...  Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am sorry to say but I do not agree with the diagnosis of subacute stroke as per the radiology report. The MRI that was done shows two lesions which ...  Read Full »

From my MRI reports, can you tell me what is the spot near my cerebellum?
Query: Hi doctor,Could you tell me what is the lesion in my clivus or the spot near my cerebellum? My current symptoms are pain, instability, confusion, difficulty in concentrating, thinking and personality changes. I do not know if there is a relation with the lesion in the clivus, or the borrelia infecti...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Chronic neuroborreliosis can present with an intracranial space-occupying lesion that mimics tumors. This also looks like a chronic borrelial lesion to me, provided serology is positive for Bo...  Read Full »

Article Overview: This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for its treatment. Focus is also given to the non-motor manifestations and the neurobehavioral abnormalities. Both medical and surgical modalities of treatment find a mention.  Read Article »
Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Parkinsonism Parkinsonism is a syndrome manifested by a combination of six cardinal features. They are: Resting tremors. Increased tone of the muscles (aka rigidity). Slowness of movements (bradykinesia). Loss of postural reflexes. Bent or flexed posture. Freezing of gai ...  Read Article »

The Body Adiposity Index Calculator determines the Body Adiposity Index (BAI) in your body. The BAI is used to determine the body mass percentage that comprises the fat as against the mass which is fat-free. The fat-free mass, as the name carries, encompasses everything in the body except the fat. It is essential to keep in mind that although most people feel that their body adiposity index may be …

Read Full »

Does my brain MRI show acoustic neuromas?
Query: Hello doctor, I have undergone a brain MRI today to rule out acoustic neuromas (among other causes). MRI was prescribed by my ENT doctor because I was very stressed. Gadolinium was injected during the MRI. It turns out the MRI was pretty normal, no tumor, no anomaly or else. I found some asymmetric...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is the right internal carotid artery near the right cavernous sinus in the area inside the circles in your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a normal image and the slight brightness is likely due to variation in the signals due to the ...  Read Full »

Could a lightened area in a brain MRI be an infection or a tumor?
Query: Hello doctor, I had an MRI performed on my brain due to my visual perception being off and not seeing and understanding my location correctly while driving.I did hit someone and almost got into a larger accident. The right side of my head feels like there is a cyst or something there. My skull on t...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to review your MRI report for a more professional opinion directly. A hyperintense lesion could be related to low blood perfusion area or migraine headaches (if you have suffered before). The meningioma is a benign tumor, which grows slowly without caus...  Read Full »

What treatment would you suggest seeing this MRI?
Query: Hi doctor, This is in regard to my mother. She is 51 years old. Her weight is 112 kg. She has severe pain in the lumbar spine till her bottom and not the legs. She had done an MRI of her spine earlier and got detected with slipped discs. Recently, she did another MRI of her brain and whole screening...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to keep my answer as simple as possible so that you can understand easily. Regarding MRI brain, why MRI brain was done? On what suspicion doctor has advised MRI brai...  Read Full »

Can I have a recurrence of myoepithelial carcinoma after three years of tumor extraction?
Query: Hi doctor, I had an extraction of two tumors of epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma with a prominent dedifferentiated (high-grade transformation) myoepithelial component extracted from my nasal cavity before three years. MRI scans were performed to look for recurrences. In my previous MRI, I had a p...  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give your queries and concerns on pointwise. So that, I can answer them for you. I will point out the abnormalities present in the scan soon.  Read Full »

After analysis of pleural effusion fluid, diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer.
Query: Dear Doctor, After analysis of pleural effusion fluid, my mother has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer - CUP, poorly differentiated carcinoma. She has exhibited lower lobe fibrosis for at least three years, has normal kidney lab work at this time, previous breast carcinoma ductal in situ with remov...  Read Full »
Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the information given. To get the facts right, patient is a 74 year old female with prior history of Anal canal cancer and Breast cancer (DCIS) treated with surgery and radiation. Her co-morbidity includes osteoporosis / prior UTI / Lung fibrosis / multiple fra...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Diffusion Weighted Imaging? We have medical experts to help you right away.