Meniscus Surgery

Related Terms: Meniscal Tear, Meniscus, Mri, Arthroscopy, Physiotherapy, Ice Pack, Joint Pain

Why do I have knee pain after meniscus surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have swelling in knee after four months of ACL meniscus surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I had an ACL meniscus repair surgery four months ago. I still have some swelling in my knee and still feel weakness in my leg. Is that normal? Can I run now? What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The knee swelling can even persist till six months after surgery, the more physiotherapy you do and the earlier you achieve full range of movements of the knee, the better it is and faster the swelling will reduce. Weakness can be overcome by physiotherapy again to s...  Read Full »

My son gets popping sound in knee. Does his MRI indicate any need for surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 7 has a snapping sound from the left knee lately without complaining of any pain. He had an MRI done for his left knee. The MRI opinion is as follows: There is a discoid lateral meniscus, significant swelling of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus and intrameniscal abno...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding surgical management and also, because of the fact there is no pain. Surgical management is indicated in case of symptomatic discoid meniscus and a popping or snapping sound is an indication for surgery. It can be managed by arthrosco...  Read Full »

What does my knee MRI actually mean?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I slipped from the bike and hurt my right knee. Though it is causing less pain during normal walk, it is hurting a lot while walking on stairs. I visited an orthopedic surgeon and he told me to take an MRI. The MRI report is as follows. Impression: Grade 3 tear involving the po...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been ideal if you had posted your MRI films for me to see as without them I can only comment and answer your questions with limited knowledge of your condition. Cysts are not an immediate result of trauma. They develop over time and may have preceded trau...  Read Full »

When can I walk and run normally after ACL reconstruction surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 25. I have gone through ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair surgery on left leg almost three months before. Now, on post-op rehabilitation. The doctor has suggested me to walk slowly. Currently, doing squats and weight exercises. I just wanted to know still how much time it wi...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, it will take another 6 to 8 weeks for you to start running. I hope you got your movement range completely in your joint. Now, do your rehabilitation and weight training properly as advised. You can start walking normally. The pain ...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?
Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full »

How to manage a tear in the knee joint?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small tear in the knee joint, but the doctor advised me for arthroscopy. How to manage this problem? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are telling me about a meniscal tear in the knee joint, then a grade 1 and grade 2 tears of the meniscus can be managed with physiotherapy alone. Grade 3 tear will require an arthroscopic trimming of the meniscus or else your pain and swelling will keep coming back...  Read Full »

Why is there knee pain in a football player?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, medically fit. I play football a lot. Recently, I started to have pain in my left knee, there is a pain when I sit on the ground (on bending) and I feel it is crusty when I try to open it. Also there is pain on resistance to movement.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Knee joint consists of two bones that are femur and tibia. In between these bones, a few structures are present which provide stability to the joint and make the joint strong....  Read Full »

Why do I hear clicking sound only when I twist my knee?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old and a triathlete. 3 months ago, I suffered from knee pain. Doctor checked McMurray test, and Apley grind test result was negative. Only when I twist (rotate) my knee I hear some clicking or popping sound. I took MRI and the result was shown anterior torn of lateral...  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. It looks like you injured your knee three months ago during an athletic activity, and have been having some mechanical symptoms of clicking and popping since then. Since the knee pain has come down, it is likely tha...  Read Full »

Knee Pain in Young Adults
Article Overview: Knee pain is a common problem that affects both the young and the old. Understanding your knee is essential to avoid negligence and seek early care when needed. This article describes the causes of knee pain in young adults and the treatment for the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Saseendar S

Knee pain is a problem that can affect the young and the old alike. In the elderly, the knee pain is most likely due to wear and tear also called osteoarthritis or due to other chronic problems of the knee. In the younger more active age groups, knee pain is more commonly secondary to increased acti ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Meniscus Surgery? We have medical experts to help you right away.