Pemphigus

Related Terms: Acne, Psoriasis, Rosacea, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Allergic Disorder, Allergy, Atopic Dermatitis, Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Why do I have blisters throughout my body?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 80-year-old male. I have big water or fluid blisters throughout the body. There is also a formation of the skin after the collapse of the blister. The skin is also peeling. It is becoming red, itching, painful and unbearable. I have no sugar. I am on Clobetasol cream, Levosiz ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis in a broad term is a vesiculobullous disorder of which it is more in favor of bullous pemphigoid or pemphigus vulgaris considering his age. The patient requires detailed ful...  Read Full »

Eosinophilia: A Brief Discussion Regarding Causes and Management
Article Overview: Eosinophils are round to oval cells having a bilobed nucleus with orange granules in the cytoplasm. Along with the IgE antibody, it mediates allergic reactions, that is, type-1 hypersensitivity reactions. So, increased eosinophil count is suggestive of mainly allergic reaction. Its normal range in different leukocyte counts is only 1 to 6 % (40 to 400/cmm). In an allergic reaction, eosinophils along with mast cells, play a significant role and its content like digestive enzymes and cytotoxic protein can lead to tissue damage as well.  Read Article »
Allergy Specialist

Definition: Eosinophilia is said to be present when the absolute eosinophil count is more than 400/cmm (some books mention eosinophilia when the absolute count is more than 500/cmm). Etiology: I will describe in brief the causes of eosinophilia so that it will help in detecting the underlying cause ...  Read Article »

Role of Diet in Dermatology
Article Overview: There are a few diseases in which diet has a definitive role. This article stresses upon the importance of diet in dermatology.  Read Article »
Dr. Anagha Kumar
Dietician

The word diet is derived from the Greek word "dieta" which means 'way of life'. The role of diet in the management of certain dermatological diseases is proven, and in some diseases, it probably plays a role. Dermatitis Herpetiformis - Gluten-free diet, i.e., wheat, rye, barley has to be followed ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Pemphigus? We have medical experts to help you right away.