Stained Teeth

Related Terms: Dental Scaling, Deposits On Teeth, Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Antibacterial Mouthwash, Mouthwash, Teeth Whitening, Tooth Cavity

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a permanent discoloration which cannot be removed by normal means like dental scaling. It needs a treatment called lamineering of the front 4 or 6 teeth as required. In...  Read Full »

Early Detection of Dental Problems in Kids
Article Overview: It is of utmost importance that parents routinely examine the intraoral region of their kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues like milk tooth, permanent tooth and the jaw. Most of the oral and maxillofacial anomalies seen in children can be corrected by taking appropriate preventive steps in the growing stage itself.  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Pedodontist

It is very important to routinely examine the intraoral region of the kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues. For this, the parents should have a basic knowledge about the function of the mouth and the intraoral parts and its esthetics. Some of the common features which ...  Read Article »

Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice daily?
Query: Hello doctor, Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice and not thrice daily?  Read Full »
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Chlorhexidine mouthwash is only used twice daily because of the following reasons:It has a property to stain teeth if we use it more. As we brush twice a day, which is recommended for every healthy person, and mouthwash works best after brushing teeth.Using mouthwash u...  Read Full »

Should I brush my teeth after a wisdom tooth removal?
Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »
Dr. Shamaz Mohamed
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

What should I do to remove yellow stains from my teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow discoloration on my teeth. The stains persist even after getting my teeth cleaned. The nearby dentist informed that the stains are due to chlorine content in the water. What should I do to remove these stains?  Read Full »
Dr. Paras Angrish
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowish discoloration of the tooth has multiple causes. In your case, as the stains are not going with cleaning and scaling, it can be due to any one of the following. Fluoride in water causing problems during tooth formation. Injury to the tooth during childhood. Any ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for black tooth decay?
Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are black. It looks like it is in the starting stage of tooth decay. I do not want to lose any teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Black spots on the teeth are indicative of initial stages of teeth decay. But you need not worry since this stage is repairable. There are no chances of losing your teeth at this stage. For healthier teeth and to prevent tooth decay try to follow these suggestions: ...  Read Full »

What can be done to whiten yellow teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have teeth of yellowish color. How can I whiten it?  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanga Kesavan
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to calculus deposit on the tooth surface. Please visit your dentist for scaling and if you get any further deposits even after scaling, you must go for polishing your tooth to get a white surface.  Read Full »

How to improve my yellow teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, My teeth have become totally yellow. Even whitening toothpaste does not work. I tried to clean them myself but, failed. What products can I use or how can I clean it myself without visiting a dentist?  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Parveen
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and seen the picture attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  It looks like a case of stains with calculus, which is known in layman's terms as tartar. This can be due to many reasons. For example, not maint...  Read Full »

Do you think that the stains next to the filling are cavities?
Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the photos of my teeth. The tooth, which is next to the tooth with a filling, has some small stains. What are these little stains? Are they cavities? This tooth often feels sensitive and at times hurts when I floss if I have food stuck between my teeth. I am on birth contr...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The stain does not seem to be a cavity by seeing the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sensitivity and pain while flossing seems to occur due to the deep filling and food impaction between those teeth. Also, the two metal filling are touching ...  Read Full »

My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white?
Query: Hello, My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white at home? If I go and do the cleaning with a dentist, how much would it cost?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Yellow teeth can be of different types. If teeth are slightly yellowish with plaque, you can make them clean and white just by brushing properly twice a day with light hand pressure.  Avoid abrasive brushing as they can cause the white outer layer of teeth to shed off and...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Stained Teeth? We have medical experts to help you right away.