Pains Of The First Metatarsal

Kindly suggest the causes of radiating pain in the first metatarsal.

Query: Hi doctor, What are the causes of pain in the first metatarsal that radiate to the entire forefoot?  Read Full »

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It will be better if your age, other conditions, profession, recreation, alcohol intake and dietary pattern are known. The causes can be divided into two major groups. Group 1: Based on anatomic problems like toe deformities, Morton's metatarsalgia, length and mobili...  Read Full »

How effective is a bone graft from the pelvis for nonunion from bunionectomy?

Query: Hello¬†doctor, How effective is a bone graft from the person's pelvic area for a non-union from a bunionectomy? This is regarding the first metatarsal of my left foot. I had two previous bone grafts for non-union after bunionectomy. The bone was not taken from my body. I have had bunionectomy in bot...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Autologous bone grafts which are procured from one's own bone are the best option wherever a graft is needed. Amongst the autologous bone grafts, the iliac (pelvic bone) grafts are the workhorse of all grafting procedures. These autologous grafts provide all the requir...  Read Full »