Silymarin

Are Nusam 400 and Ursodox Plus appropriate for fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, As per my latest liver function test, SGOT is 45.05, SGPT is 55.17 and serum albumin is 3.43. All other parameters are in the normal range. For kidney function test, the urine sample is protein positive. All other parameters are in the normal range. For the last two-three months, I ha...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need to know a few things: Why was the test performed? Any symptoms you have? Do you consume alcohol? Have you got your ultrasound done? Revert with the asked details for a better help. Revert with more information to a medical gastro...  Read Full »

How to know the reason for blood in my stool?

Query: Hi doctor,I got blood in the stool. I was doing a job in night shift and daily I ate guava and papaya. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The stool sample should be sent for microscopic examination, routine and microscopy, to see if it is blood or not. It could be colitis or gastroenteritis. The stool test will make it clear whether there is an infection or it is just due to the disturbed gastrointestinal ...  Read Full »

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your question, most likely it is not colon cancer. The problems are due to disturbed gastrointestinal flora. Our gut consists of its own environment of a microorganism called gut flora. They are responsible for proper digestion of food. Once this flora is depleted...  Read Full »