Tinea Manuum

My mom is suffering from a skin disease. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is suffering from skin disease for the last two months on her palms and bottom part of her legs. She has an itchy feel from inside and usually her hands are getting tight and dry. The upper layer of her palm skin is coming out in patches. Please guide me with the pictures attached.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the given history of your mother. Most likely she is suffering from tinea manuum¬†(fungal infection of hand) and tinea pedis and the second possibility is hand and foot eczema (dyshidrotic eczem...  Read Full »

What can be done for recurrent tinea infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I appear to have a tinea infection on my hands. I previously hand one two years ago and symptoms are the same, peeling between fingers, sore and itchy skin, some scaly patches. A doctor here advised Clotrimazole cream and 150 mg of Flucanozole every week for four weeks. That initially wo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any burning? Any other area affected? Looking forward to your response in order to help you.   Read Full »