Toothbrush Trauma

What is the painful red spot on my gum, despite routine flossing?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a red spot on my gum, and it is painful. I have been keeping a good flossing routine for about a week now. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I saw the attached pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity); it looks like a gingival injury caused by hot food or rough brushing technique. This can be due to the following reasons; 1) Injury due to ho...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for sore gums caused by brushing too hard.

Query: Hello doctor, I was brushing my teeth and went side-tracked and brushed my gums too hard and now my right upper gum by my right canine and first pre-molar hurts. It hurts to eat salty foods and I was eating some chips and that made it hurt too. What could this be? Is it serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have actually traumatized your gums while brushing too hard, but do not worry since it is a minor problem. Our gums have a tendency to heal on its own, within a few days without any treatment. For faster results, you can use a mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine g...  Read Full »