Wet Amd

Why am I finding it difficult to read letters on a bright background?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a hard time reading letters on a bright white background or any other bright color for few months. I can read it, but my brain has some issues. I do not have a problem reading white letters on a black background. I was at a few doctors, but the only thing they said was that to chang...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you to get a detailed retina examination done to rule out pathological myopia and wet AMD (age-related macular degeneration). Also, get an OCT (optical coherence tomography) macula done and contrast sensitivity. Get back to me with these test results.  Read Full »

Can lost eyesight due to AMD be regained?

Query: Hi doctor,I am asking questions on behalf of my uncle. My uncle is 94 years old with a weight of 68 kilograms and a height of five feet nine inches. Before a week, he lost his eyesight and he is unable to read now. He had diminishing eyesight. For this, he visited the eye clinic regularly until the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unusual that he has lost eyesight in both eyes simultaneously as his one eye was bad and the other one got deteriorated suddenly. AMD (age-related macular degeneration) is of two types. They are wet type and dry type. You have not attached the reports of his exist...  Read Full »

Why do I have sudden blurry vision in the left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44 year old female. Two weeks ago, I suddenly developed a blurry vision in the left eye. I have no pain and I never had any eye problems. I do not have anyone in the family who had this. I see no black or gray spots. I still see all the colors, but distorted. I went to the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to know the refractive error of your left eye and secondly, I request you to attach an image of the angiography of the last frame taken at five minutes. After seeing th...  Read Full »

There is a cyst in the retina for my father. Which medicine will be suitable for him?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 76 years old, has been diabetic for the last 25 years. He takes medicine and controls it within the range throughout. Around 20 years back, he had a cataract operation in both the eyes. There is no IOL. His eye problem started before two years. Due to which, there is bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see sub-RPE (retinal pigment epithelium) drusens and pigment epithelial detachment in both the eyes. There is also intraretinal cystic fluid. These findings are suggestive of wet age-related m...  Read Full »