Ask an "Oral Mucosal Diseases Specialist" Online
Ask your Oral Mucosal Diseases queries to our experienced dentists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled dentists who specialized in Oral Mucosal Diseases treatment.
Hover here to see a Sample Answer »
Your first Query is FREE!
About "Oral mucosal diseases"
The commonly seen oral mucosal diseases are:
- Oral cancer – It includes cancer of the lip, cheek, tongue, and palate. The different types of cancer are squamous cell carcinoma, verrucous carcinoma, lymphomas, salivary gland carcinoma, etc.
- Oral leukoplakia – It is a precancerous condition causing thick white patches to form on the tongue and the lining of the mouth.
- Smoker’s palate – Otherwise called stomatitis nicotina, which is a white patch formed on the palate due to reverse smoking.
- Oral candidiasis – It is a fungal infection caused by Candida albicans, which forms creamy white lesions on the oral mucosa.
- Stomatitis – Oral sore or ulcer is called stomatitis. The two types are aphthous ulcers and cold sores.
- Oral lichen planus – It is an inflammatory condition that causes white and lacy patches of swollen red tissues.