Ankylosed Tooth

Is tooth fused to jaw bone commonly seen?

Query: Hi doctor, During a recent extraction of 9 teeth, the dentist said that my right upper back molar had attached itself to the bone. When he tried to extract it a piece of my jaw bone cracked off, pierced the sinus cavity and punctured an artery. Blood spurted everywhere and they frantically applied p...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tooth must have been ankylosed, which means fused to the bone. Also, it must have been really close to an artery and the laceration of which caused the hemorrhage. But, there is nothing to worry. Even though this is uncommon, the wound will heal. Use Betadine mouthwas...  Read Full »