Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

How long will it take to recover from ACL injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I had ACL injury. What will be the time for recovery like normal walking and bike riding? I would like to know after how many days I will be able to do normal walking and bike riding.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually there will be swelling and effusion in the knee after an ACL injury (anterior cruciate ligament). So, that has to reduce for you to be back to normal. You should wear a long knee brace all the time and remove it only at night. Put a crepe bandage of 6 inches fro...  Read Full »

From my MRI reports, how long will the cut on top of my knee take to heal?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a deep cut on the top of my knee, that is, a laceration. In the MRI, it says that there is a partial ACL tear, LCL sprain, and a longitudinal tear in the medial meniscus. I have 15 stitches on top of my knee. Currently, I am taking rest with braces on the knee. I have kept the kn...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two things that you need to be aware of. The damage outside the knee, that is, the cut you are mentioning will take two weeks to heal, and sutures should have been taken out by now if the wound healed without an infection. The damage within the knee, that is...  Read Full »

What is the exact problem with my right knee?

Query: Hi doctor, One year back, I had problem in my right knee like loose feeling, instability, slight pain, etc. When I consulted a doctor, he suggested Cartigen-Duo, Miol-OD and Acepark gel. In x-ray he found that the pain was due to cartilage damage in knee. I continued full course of medicine and afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with it. The history points towards a diagnosis of internal derangement of knee, which means injury to the soft tissues in and around the knee providing stabil...  Read Full »