Bump In Nose

What can cause a bony bump on the left side of the nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a bump on the left side of my nose. It feels like cartilage or bone. It has always been there since I can remember. The right side of my nose does not have a bump whatsoever. I have always experienced breathing problems. I do not know if I should be concerned or that it is just ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is likely resultant from an old fracture, possibly acquired at a very young age from the normal bumps and bruises of being a child and learning to walk, etc. As we get older, this can lead to chronic nasal obstruction as not only does the outside of the nose sho...  Read Full »

How to treat a bump on the tip of the nose?

Query: Hi doctor, About 7 to 8 weeks ago, I woke up and noticed a tiny, pin-sized bump at the tip of the nose. Initially, I thought that it might be some sort of underskin or stuck blackhead. When I squeezed it, nothing came out. I poked the top layer of skin gently, and a bit of blood squeezed out. So, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to worry. Do not touch and squeeze as it can lead to secondary bacterial infection. You should visit your dermatologist so that it can be cauterized again. I suggest you apply Fusidic acid 2% cream (Fucidin cream) twice a day till you get your appointmen...  Read Full »

A tender bump on the side of my nose is causing painful headaches. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tender bump on the side of my nose, which is slowly getting bigger. It is on the right side of the bridge of my nose, and it is hot to touch. It does not look red, but it is extremely painful. My eyes and forehead also hurt and is causing a very painful headache. I have chroni...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, but it would have been better if you had posted a photograph of the lesion. There are three possibilities: Herpes zoster of the ophthalmic division of trigeminal nerve. This one is a problem because it may affect the eye, so it needs to b...  Read Full »