Cervical Spondylitis

How to treat left shoulder pain and arm pain in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is a diabetic for the past 10 years. She takes Glimidib MV2 SR and insulin Insuman Comb 25. Yesterday, she did sugar levels before breakfast it is 294 and post it is 334. She has been having pain in the left shoulder and the arm, since March 2020. We have been in consultation w...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have treated many such patients with adhesive capsulitis and cervical spondylitis. I would like to suggest initial management for your mother and she will require a good follow up ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment plan for paralysis apart from surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother, who is 76 years old, was recently diagnosed with cervical spondylotic myelopathic changes in her neck. Her medical doctors have suggested us to go for surgery while others have suggested avoiding surgery considering her age. She is now partially paralyzed with numbness ac...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed all the attached investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I feel there is a little scope other than surgery. There are compressive changes to her cervical cord, which is probably leading to partial paralysis and numbness. ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Uric acid levels are within normal levels.¬†Hemoglobin levels are reduced and should be around 12 g. Most probably it is due to iron deficiency anemia. She needs to take Iron and Folic acid tablets for a month and repeat her hemoglobin levels to see that it has returned t...  Read Full »

What are the possible reasons for head reeling?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 98 years old. Of late, she is complaining of head reeling often. She does not have high blood pressure or diabetes and her haemoglobin is normal. She has roti in the morning, rice and dal for lunch and roti for dinner. Her bowel movements are normal. What may be the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to see your concern about your grandmother. But one thing you have to keep in mind always is that she belongs to a very fragile age group. Just like the young ones, old people also need special care. A most common condition in this age group is malnutriti...  Read Full »

Why is there acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder. Tingling pain in the left-hand finger and pain in the middle back and sometimes lower back. I am male, 27 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you must be suffering from cervical spondylitis with radiculopathy. This must have arose due to long time sitting posture or carrying a backpack. I suggest hot fomentation by hot water bag for 10 minutes with three sessions per day. Then, apply some local pain r...  Read Full »

Do you think my condition is vestibular migraine?

Query: Hello doctor, I talked to you a few weeks back regarding my condition. Unilateral vestibular hypofunction caused may be due to vestibular neuritis. I have attached the test results for your review. I also have mild cervical spondylosis but the pain is almost gone but there is some stiffness in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your unilateral vestibular imbalance could be because of some previous attack of vestibular neuritis which has left back its impressions. I am saying this because at present you do not have any fever, nausea, or vomiting nor any ringing sounds in your ear. Yours is ...  Read Full »

Can imbalance occur due to cervical spondylosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My height is 184 cm and weight is 97 kg. I had a cervical spine x-ray and was diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. I also have mild CAD and severe sleep apnea. Due to intermittent chest pain and breathlessness on exertion, CAD was suspected. After positive TMT, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tightness and neck pain can be due to cervical spondylosis. The lightheadedness and balancing issues can also occur due to spondylosis. Spondylosis is not so severe on x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is of mild grade. If your hand gri...  Read Full »

I have spasms and pins and needles sensation in my hand. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having spasms in my hand. I had it briefly in the left hand and then, my right arm was feeling numb. This morning my right hand has spasms on all fingers at different occasions with some pins and needle feeling. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You might have nerve compression from cervical spondylitis.Please consult your GP to get an MRI of the neck.For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist  Read Full »

Kindly advise the treatment for my wife's neck pain.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had frozen shoulder last year and cured by exercise. She is 50 years old. Now, she has some burning type of pain in the side, back of the head, above the neck and also in the knee joint. She feel sleepless. She has her uterus removed for fibroid around five years back. Her height ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like her headache is coming from nerve compression in the lower part of the neck. Did she ever have an x-ray for it? Has she used any pain medication for neck pain? Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --...  Read Full »