Ductal Carcinoma In Situ

Will biopsy report of DCIS predict hormone receptor status?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a biopsy and I was diagnosed with DCIS. The sample was taken and the pathology report did not show any information about hormone receptor status. I was recommended for surgical excision. I did a lumpectomy and the pathology report came back with the absence of cancer. Can a biopsy ...  Read Full »

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall definitely resolve your concern. When there is no tumor tissue, then it is impossible to know hormone receptor status. On understanding your concern, you have undergone a breast conservative surgery, in which the surgeon has removed the tumor and a small amount ...  Read Full »