Harmful Effects Of High Concentration Of Creatinine

Please suggest medicine to lower creatinine level.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from chronic kidney disease. At present her creatinine level is 4.8. Her creatinine levels in the last two years have been increasing in order such as 2, 2.2, 2.7, 3.8 and 4.8 respectively. Her urea level is 114. Is there any treatment for reducing creatinine level...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By seeing her reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), I understand the pattern of rise in creatinine and her condition of chronic kidney disease (CKD). As such there are no medicines to cure creatinine. You just have to make sure that she maintains h...  Read Full »

Does protein leak from the larger filter of kidney in nephrotic syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I heard that in nephrotic syndrome the filtering unit of kidney becomes larger and so protein comes in urine. I am a patient of cortisone dependent nephrotic syndrome over 15 years. Doctor says that about 95 percent of children will get cured at the age of 18. I am 17 years old now. When...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have heard the things right. Due to increased pore there is protein in urine. The best treatment remains the Cortisone. In cases where there is no response to Cortisone as evidenced by persistence of albumin in urine, we need to shift those patients on Cyclopho...  Read Full »

I have a scar in my kidney. Will my problem deteriorate if not monitored?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with a scar in my kidney. My creatinine level was reported 1.13 to 1.43 on routine examination. I underwent renal scan, ultrasound and other tests. My nephrologist says that the infection in kidney is the old one and only need monitoring. He prescribed me Reno car...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, your doctor is right. It seems that you are having an old scar causing this rise in serum creatinine. In such case, I would also recommend the same ...  Read Full »

My husband had five episodes of hypoglycemia in a single day. What could be causing all these?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has type 1 diabetes. He has had no Insulin today but has had five hypos today, and his sugar levels are dropping again. He had his regular food all day, drank juice and cans of coke. He has not done anything different to any other day and also has not been stressed either. He t...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long has he had diabetes? When you say hypo, what were his sugars? What is the dose of insulin that he is taking? Revert with the details to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my abnormal laboratory results?

Query: Hello doctor, Though my doctors have not contacted me, should I be concerned with my abnormal laboratory test results? The laboratory results show cholesterol of 257 (critical high), total bilirubin of 0.24 (low), creatinine (urine) of 205.3 (High), WBC/HPF of 9 (High) and urine leukocyte esteras...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should contact your doctor if creatinine level and WBC counts are high. You should not worry about other tests. High creatinine level suggests some problem in your kidney. It may be directly or indirectly related to the kidney. But in both the situations, you shou...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest further line of treatment for my father's urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor, My father has a urine infection since last 15 days. His creatinine is 4.8. The ultrasound report showed enlarged prostate and intact kidney size. He lost appetite since last one month. He is only taking a half glass of milk daily only. His fasting sugar was 113. He is a diabetes patient a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. Is your father on catheter? For how long creatinine is 4.8? Was it normal before a few days? Raise in creatinine can be because of two things. Either diabetes is causing kidney damage or prostate obstruction causing back pressure on the kid...  Read Full »

What is the significance of increased creatinine level in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 56 year old male. I was told that my creatinine level is 2.3 after my last HbA1c. I am type 2 diabetic. I am now on Atkins diet to reduce dramatically lower carbohydrates. What is the significance of increased creatinine level? What is considered as a critical level? Please exp...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Rise in serum creatinine level in a diabetic person points towards the development of diabetic nephropathy. Yes, increased serum creatinine requires alarming as this can further progress into end-stage renal disease. Now, you required evaluation t...  Read Full »