Low Monocytes

What are the cause of my high lymphocyte count and low neutrophil count?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32-year-old female who weighs about 128 lbs. I had blood work done suggested by a weight loss doctor. The doctor requires routine blood work once a year. I noticed that five of my results came back out of range. My cholesterol has been high for years now. I think it is genetic. My...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry for the late reply. Following is my opinion on your asked question. In the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), lymphocyte count is high, and neutrophils are relatively low due to high lymphocytes. Total cholesterol and LDL (Low-de...  Read Full »

Can a drop in temperature trigger an allergic reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with an allergy. I suspect it to be because of the temperature that I have set my room at. The symptoms include a burning sensation in the stomach, legs, numbness, and pain in the legs, ankles, thighs, and knees. It happened earlier only in winters, this year it sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to us, and I have checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are some changes in your blood reports, such as slightly decreased RBC (red blood cells), increased lymphocytes, and decreased monocytes, which can be du...  Read Full »

I am concerned about HIV due to low monocyte level. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I underwent a regular blood test recently. It shows my monocytes level is low which is 0.11 where the normal rate should be 0.2-1. I just googled what could be cause for the same. It says it could be because of viral infections including HIV/AIDS. I am worried now. I am scared to con...  Read Full »

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Monocytes may increase or decrease, it hardly matters. One of the cause is viral disease. Not only HIV virus may cause this, but there are also many other viruses like cytomegala virus which can cause this. Flu is also caused by virus. Nowadays, fever is also called...  Read Full »

Low absolute monocytes in blood test. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I just received my routine blood work for my cholesterol count and noticed that my absolute monocytes are low, 163. Other than this, all other blood results are within normal range. My total WBC is 5.1 and monocytes 3.2%. It there a reason to be concerned? I am currently healing from a te...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows (attachment removed to protect patient identity): Routine variation in various white blood cell count is normal. When 100 cells are counted and the other cell group is a bit increased, then the other cell group like monoc...  Read Full »

The monocytes and ESR values in my wife's hemogram report are abnormal. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Me and my wife got an annual blood test done. Few of my wife's results are off the radar. She is 30 years old, and she had a mild cough when the tests were done. She becomes tired very easily. In the attached hemogram report, her monocytes are 0 and ESR is 80. Rest of the tests inc...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, but after a detailed evaluation of your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I would say there is nothing to worry. Only monocytes levels are low, it does not mean much. It does not cause anything serious if ...  Read Full »