Low Vision Aids

After a paralysis attack, my uncle's right side vision is not perfect. Is this a permanent disability?

Query: Hello doctor,Four years ago, my uncle had a paralysis attack on the right side of the body. He has recovered now, except his right eye vision. He can clearly see straight and left, but not the right. He cannot see full 180 degrees. His age is 48 now. Is this a permanent disability or it can be cured...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stroke or paralysis results from hampered blood supply to the brain. Usually, the motor functions or muscle movements recover over time. However, the visual pathways are very slow to recover and recovery is suboptimal. So, the field defect that he has will persist and com...  Read Full »

Can poor vision be due to genetic cause?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem in both my eyes, low vision, and the doctor says that it is genetic but I feel the problem for the last two years and I work in computer and also the doctor said that the problem has no medicine or surgery. So, please help what I should do and computer operation is more...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The doctors feel that you could be suffering from a problem of your retina. They are currently unsure about the exact type of disease and have asked you to get a test called the EO...  Read Full »

What is macular degeneration?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 68 years old. I have just been diagnosed with macular degeneration. The doctor basically stated that there was nothing that could be done as this was just a part of aging. He did suggest to eat more green leafy vegetables. When I suggested Kale and dark leaf vegetable powder, he la...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you stated that you have been diagnosed with macular degeneration that is ARMD (age-related macular degeneration). Now, let us know what ARMD is. Macula is most sensitive part of retina (back portion of eye) and it must be healthy to have clear vision. But, due to many...  Read Full »