5-htpn

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Major Depressive Disorder, Psychotherapy, S-adenosyl Methionine, Sleep Disturbances, Symptoms Of Depression

Will 5-HTPn help to increase serotonin level? Suffering from sleeping problem, depression and anxieties.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have a problem of sleeping at a scheduled time. I always sleep in a different time and it is getting delayed every day, like a cycle. For example: If today I sleep at 9:00 pm, in few days I will be sleeping at 10:00 pm. And in a few weeks, I would sleep at 4:00 AM. I also have depress...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Yes. There is relation between low serotonin level and depression and anxiety. What is more important is how significant symptoms of these problem you have, how much are you distressed from these and whether they cause interference in your daily life (socio occupational de...  Read Full »

I am suffering from panic disorder. Should I use SSRI or 5-HTPn?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from panic disorder. I am currently on Paroxetine CR 12.5. For anxiety, should I use SSRI or 5-HTPn?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Regarding treatment of choice for anxiety, SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) groups of medicines are very effective when compared with 5HTPn (5-Hydroxytryptophan). In fact, according to available literature, S...  Read Full »

I often feel very sad. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, Sometimes, I feel very sad inside. But, I do not know the reason for my sadness. During this period of sadness, I do not like to talk. I feel so depressed as I cannot do anything, including my studies? How to come out of this type of sadness? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Persistent sadness along with decreased interest in communication is an indicative of clinical minor depression. If there are more symptoms, then it can be a major depressive disorder. In case of minor depression, I suggest 5-HTPn (5-Hydroxytryptophan), which is an he...  Read Full »

Do you think low serotonin can cause fatigue, loss of energy and appetite?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. For the past three weeks, I have been feeling sick. My symptoms are a feeling of general fatigue of my entire body with loss of energy and appetite. Before I got sick, I spent over a week working hard. I just had food once or twice a day, drank little water an...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Having a stressful life coupled with low energy, extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, feeling sick and sleepless nights are indicative of major depressive disorder. The depressive disorder is often characterized by low serotoni...  Read Full »

Can you recommend natural supplements to help treat depression?
Query: Hello doctor, My 17-year-old son is mildly depressed. This is not a surprise since I have been suffering with depression for 40 years. Can you recommend natural supplements that he could take to boost his mood and energy?  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are different supplements or natural products used in the management of depression. S-Adenosyl-methionine (SAM) is a metabolite of Amino acids which has mood elevation property and can be used in 200 to 1600 mg per day in divided doses. 5-Hydr...  Read Full »

Can Fluoxetine be tried instead of Venlor XR?
Query: Hello doctor, I tried Venlor XR 75 mg during the night and got very poor result for put me to sleep. I tried to take it only in the morning and that too resulted in me being very sleepy. Can I try Fluoxetine? Or any other alternative medicines like ayurveda? Can I take St.John's wort or 5-HTP? I wou...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like you to continue Venlor XR (Venlafaxine) 75 mg at night, as there is response to this medication in terms of improved depressive symptoms. It was advised to increase the dose by taking 37.5 mg in morning and 75 mg at night. However, you continue taking Venl...  Read Full »

How can I overcome the warming effects of Ashwagandha?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I started taking Ashwagandha 500 mg per day, a few months ago, and it improved my memory, attention, etc. But after a month, I began to have night sweats, agitation, weird sensations in the neck area and protruding eyes. I have read that Ashwagandha is excess ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have carefully read all the details provided by you and here is the solution. Never take Ashwagandha with ghee. Take it with cold milk, without sugar. Take Ashwagandha only three days a week, taking it continuously in high doses for too...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on 5-htpn? We have medical experts to help you right away.