Anorectal Abscess

Ayurvedic Management of Anal Fistula

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about ksharsutra, a unique therapy and a minimal invasive para surgical measure practiced in the management of anal fistula or Bhagandara cases.  Read Article »

Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar

The Kshara karma is one of the Anushastra karma, a minimal invasive para-surgical measure. Ksharsutra is the method of Ksharakarma mainly employed in fistula-in-ano (anal fistula) and hemorrhoids (piles). This unique method has many advantages over conventional surgical methods, as this is an ambula ... Read Article »

Will anal fistula heal on its own?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with fistula-in-ano before eight years. I just consulted multiple physicians and surgeons. They all said to wait and watch and put me on antibiotics. Two years later, my fistula has closed on its own and there is no pus discharge or abscess forming. The healing was fast an...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fistula-in-ano is a surgical condition and cannot be cured by medicines only. Yes, antibiotic has minor role just to prevent infection. If fistula tract develops an infection then from which an abscess will develop and later the fistula tract may extend. External fistula ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee