Breathing Problems

Related Terms: Anxiety, Breathing Exercises, Yoga, Depression, Stress, Difficulty In Breathing, Meditation

For breathing problem in flight, how much O2 should I use?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had chronic asthma and allergies in my whole life. I am currently taking four puffs of Qvar three times a day, Accolate twice a day, Xopenex as needed and DuoNeb as needed (nebulizer). I am in control almost all the time. I also have a hyperactive immune system where I end up...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Yes, your doctor is right that you probably developed altitude sickness. There is no point in measuring oxygen levels as initially at this stage your oxygen levels may come out to be normal. But, your body's acclimatization may be under process ca...  Read Full »

How to tackle breathing problems due to seasonal changes?
Query: Hello doctor, My 54-year-old mother has a problem with breathing. She faces challenges in breathing mostly in the summer and monsoon season. She is taking an inhaler for the last three years. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Abaranam
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems your mother is having an airways disease probably asthma. It usually aggravates in monsoon seasons. She needs to follow certain precautions. She has to avoid aggravating factors like exposure to cold, foods and avoiding dust. Yearly checkup of lung functio...  Read Full »

Why does my breathing problem increase in AC room?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been having a little trouble in breathing. I feel my problem increases more in an air conditioned room. I was on the following medicines for the last three days without much improvement. They are tablet Augmed 625 mg, tablet Pan-D and tablet Cetzine. My blood report declared a high...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like you to know that I am here to help you. The x-rays and blood tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) reveal a chronic problem. By chronic, we mean that the problem has been there for quite a while and in your c...  Read Full »

I have breathing problem with tightness in lungs. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a breathing problem. I feel like something has tightened my lungs. Please advice what should I do.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See if you do not have any other symptoms like fever, cough with sputum and pain in the chest, etc. Then you can take steam of plain water and can add two to three drops of eucalyptus oil in it. It will help you. But if you feel some serious pro...  Read Full »

Why am I having breathing problems accompanied by warmth in the body?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having problem in breathing sometimes and the body gets warm. Kindly help me with it.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. Do you have any history of chest pain or heaviness on exertion? I have noted a few abnormalities (attachment removed to protect patient identity): Deranged lipid profile. Your total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol which is conside...  Read Full »

What could cause severe breathing problem and chest pain?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 70 year old female. She has a severe breathing problem with mild chest pain. Also, there is some gastric problem, vomiting tendency, loss of appetite and weakness. Her current medication includes Dytor 5 mg, Tellzy, Nicorandil 5 mg, Rosave 0.5 mg, Clonotril 5 mg, Iv...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Breathlessness and chest pain in any person with pre-existing heart and blood pressure problems should be evaluated for any cardiac event. In case, her electrocardiogram and chest x-ray are normal; then it is likely to be because of bron...  Read Full »

Are chest pain and breathing problem common in pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am having chest and lung pain on the right side along with trouble to take a deep breath. I am suffering to catch my breath. I went to the ER and they did a blood test called D-dimer. It came back positive for a lung blood clot on the left side. But, the doctor ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Maroti Celerio Mandurke

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Pregnancy has many transformations in the body and much burden on heart work increases. Mild breathlessness and chest discomfort is common during pregnancy. Because of pregnancy, they cannot do many tests, which may be harmful to baby. They can ...  Read Full »

How to solve my father's breathing problem through ayurveda?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is suffering from breathing problems. I want to know whether there is a solution in ayurveda. Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You did not mention how long your father has been suffering from the disease, what are the exact symptom he had been facing and has he been taking any treatment or not. All these things would help me to make a correct diagnosis and l can suggest you the exact treatment. B...  Read Full »

I have pain in ribs and breathing problems. Is it a sign of lung cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, For past four weeks, I have pain in my ribs. Also, I am experiencing breathing problems. It feels like something has stuck in the heart. For, a few days pain has been decreased. But breathing problem persists. I am also experiencing pain in my lower back. The pain is massive at night tim...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such symptoms are seen in the following conditions: 1. Heart diseases. 2. Pneumonia or Pleural Effusion. 3. Acidity or muscular pain. Now to be on the safer side, I would recommend you to get a Chest x-ray and ECG done. Based on the reports, we would discuss the tre...  Read Full »

Despite using Esiflo, my son has breathing problem. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is asthmatic since childhood. For the past five months, he is having breathing problem. Currently, he is using Esiflo every morning. But, he is still having the problem. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Parin Niranjanbhai Parmar
Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know more about you as follows: I understand that your son is having breathing difficulty for the last five months. But overall, what are the best and the worst seasons for your son? What are his nose symptoms - congestion, running nose, sneezing, nose itc...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Breathing Problems? We have medical experts to help you right away.