Chronic Allergy

Related Terms: Allergy, Asthma, Sinusitis, Levocetirizine, Allergic Rhinitis, Montelukast, Allergen, Chest X- Ray

What is the problem for having chronic allergy with frequent cough and cold?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a chronic allergy. I have a frequent cough and cold. I am using Montelukast sodium and Levocetirizine. It prevents the symptoms. But when I stop taking it, the cough gets increased.  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is clear that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma. To confirm it, you have to do a spirometry test that is PFT (pulmonary function test). If it is significant, then you must take a regular inhaler treatment. Montelukast an...  Read Full »

What are the Ayurveda medicines for chronic allergies which become worse in winter.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old female. I have chronic allergies, which become worse in winter. What can I do, so that I do not need to take anti-allergic medications?  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The allergic symptoms usually aggravate during winter season. It continues from November till February based on the climate in your place. You have not mentioned about the allergic site (nose or lung or skin). If it is nose or lung, the dryness due to winter can trigg...  Read Full »

What is causing recurrent pain behind my ear lobes?
Query: Hello doctor, For almost a week now I have had recurring random pain just behind both of my ear lobes. It has been almost three weeks since I stopped Lyrica, Pregabalin completely for back pain. For the last week I have been experiencing something different which can be best described as random pre...  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain may be due to mastoiditis seen in chronic allergy or middle ear infection or eustachian tube block patients. Get it done CT brain or X-ray of the mastoid. Avoid cool drinks and freeze water. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for fiv...  Read Full »

My face gets bloated with seasonal changes. How can I get this treated?
Query: Hello doctor,I have an issue. Every time when the season changes, my face becomes bloated and lips become chapped and nose becomes wider. It resides for at least two months. Even after exercising, I experience the same issue. It does not hurt but makes me look weird. I am not able to figure out what...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When the season changes, you get these troubles right? Could you describe more? Widening of the nose - does it mean the nose becomes larger? Which area of the nose? The bony area at the top of the nose or the soft area towards the bottom of the nose? Do you have a ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my constant throat irritation?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with some irritation in my throat for the past one and a half year. I am just fed up nowadays. Also, the fear of cancer destroying me. After taking different types of antibiotics from different doctors, lastly, I took Loratadine and Dexit (Flupentixol + Melitracen) f...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as well as read your complete history. Do not worry. I will definitely help you. On looking your throat, it seems that you are having chronic allergic throat problem. Both side tonsils are also en...  Read Full »

Why does my breathing problem increase in AC room?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been having a little trouble in breathing. I feel my problem increases more in an air conditioned room. I was on the following medicines for the last three days without much improvement. They are tablet Augmed 625 mg, tablet Pan-D and tablet Cetzine. My blood report declared a high...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like you to know that I am here to help you. The x-rays and blood tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) reveal a chronic problem. By chronic, we mean that the problem has been there for quite a while and in your c...  Read Full »

Is there an effective cure for nasal allergy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from allergy over 5 years. I have chronic sneeze every morning. I often have running nose all day and it causes headache. It ceases me from work. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said you suffer from nasal allergy and you have frequent running nose and sneezing, it is very clear that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis. Now, next thing in management is to find out the trigger factor of frequent attacks of sneezing. So, most commonl...  Read Full »

Why am I allergic to dust and temperature?
Query: Hello doctor, I have allergies to dust and temperature changes. I get headaches frequently around my eyes. I breathe through the mouth during the night and sometimes in the day. My nose is almost always blocked. I also have huge under eye bags, a protruding brow bone, and a bigger lower lip becaus...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us discuss your problems one by one. Before you undergo any surgery for this issue(s), you must know for sure if you have an allergy. Allergy is a form of hypersensitivity by your body to substances which do not elicit such a response from other individuals. Als...  Read Full »

Can you suggest any effective ayurvedic oil for atopic dermatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is suffering from atopic dermatitis from the past five years. She is going to be 6 years old in a few months. We have taken her to multiple doctors including allopathy, ayurveda, homeopathy, etc. Could you please suggest any effective ayurvedic oils for giving relief to he...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atopic dermatitis is very common in children. It may cause itchy, red and dry skin. Sometimes it happens due to allergies. Chronic dermatitis or eczema needs regular medications for long time to get better results.  Read Full »

Why do I suffer from cold and runny nose every summer?
Query: Hi doctor, During every summer season, I suffer from a cold and runny nose. What can be the reasons?  Read Full »
Dr. Murad Haider
Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your case does not seem to be serious. The terms rhinorrhea and rhinitis are often used to refer a runny nose, it refers to inflammation of nasal tissues due to a number of reasons, which are as follows. Acute sinusitis. Allergies. Chronic sinusitis. Churg-Strauss synd...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chronic Allergy? We have medical experts to help you right away.