Crash Diet

Related Terms: Skin Rashes, Allergy, Diet Blunders, Diet Plan, Foods To Lose Weight, High Fibre Diet, How To Lose Weight

Imbalance in blood report after I began cheating on my Paleo. Please suggest a plan.
Query: Hello doctor,I started my paleo in the month of November wherein my HbA1c was almost 10, continued strictly for 100 days and in February HbA1c was 6.5 without taking medicines. Afterwards, cheating started and now it is 8.8. Also, there are some imbalances in the blood report. Now, I am assuring you...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Wadi
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paleo or Keto diet is not sustainable, as it is elimination and crash diet, especially for morbidly obese people. It not only about bringing sugar levels down, also it should not cause any nutritional deficiency, which may happen with paleo. Having higher intake of ...  Read Full »

I am losing a lot of hair. What treatment can I take?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old and having an extensive hair loss. The middle part of my head is almost bald. I am losing a lot of hair on the left. Currently, I have taken no medical help. I am also having black spots all over my legs and arms. Also, I have these little eruptions on my head and it is i...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pattern of your hair loss is suggestive of hormonal etiology. Kindly mention if there is any family history of baldness in females. Mention if you are suffering from any thyroid disorders, have been on any crash diets, leading a stressful life or any other he...  Read Full »

Best Foods to Eat When Breastfeeding
Article Overview: Many women are concerned about their weight post pregnancy and decide to shed off some kilos immediately. Some women think that post-pregnancy, they can immediately follow a fad diet like fruit diet, salad diet and lose weight and achieve the pre-pregnancy weight back. These crash diets lack all the nutrients essential for the mom’s body as well as the infant’s body. It is very important for mothers to be aware that what they actually consume during this stage is extremely beneficial for proper supply of milk production for their baby. In fact, a proper maternal lactation diet is extremely essential for having a good composition of breast milk which is essential for the baby's growth and development, both emotionally and physically.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Lactation Counselor

Following are some of the lactation diet tips to be followed by every mom. Consumption Of Galactagogues Galactagogues are amazing lactation herbs which enhance and improve maternal milk production which is very much required for the infant. It helps increase hormones like prolactin and oxytocin wh ...  Read Article »

How can I lose weight after pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and delivered my baby four months ago. I feel very stressed out nowadays. After my delivery, I started hating my post-pregnancy body. My baby is four months old and I have not lost even half kg. I am trying to lose my weight but nothing is working.  Read Full »
Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pregnancy and motherhood involve changes in both body and mind for a woman. Be proud of it. It is too early to think of weight loss, especially when you are feeding your baby. Give some time for your body to come back to normalcy. A healthy, balanced diet and mild exer...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of blisters with surrounding redness in the skin?
Query: Hello doctor, I am inquiring about a small group of rashes that appeared about a week ago and have not changed much. They are small clusters of raised bumps that are slightly itchy. It aches with movement and aggravated when touched. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are few papulovesicles (few are solid bumps, few blisters as per the picture) arranged in groups, with erythema (redness) at the base involving the right side of the chest. Features are consisten...  Read Full »

The Most Common Blunders That Spoil Diet Plan
Article Overview: Every one of us wishes to maintain a proper diet to lose weight. But, unknowingly we make so many mistakes that spoil all our plans to slim down.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal
Dietician

Diet mistakes spoil all your plans to slim down. You could be making any one of the following diet blunders. Let us check out. Crash Diets: We do think that we tend to lose weight quickly once we suddenly stop eating or eat just barely or cut down on calorie intake. But, when you eat fewer ca ...  Read Article »

Is 'eating just bananas for breakfast' a good way to lose weight?
Query: Hello docotor,I eat only two bananas for breakfast. Is it recommended to do so or does it cause stomach pain, gastritis, gas and bloating?  Read Full »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eating bananas for breakfast is good. But having only bananas for breakfast is not complete and appropriate. The word breakfast means that you are breaking your overnight fast. So, it is should be made up of carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, and a fiber-r...  Read Full »

Hair Loss - Common Causes and Hair Care Tips
Article Overview: Scalp hair has cosmetic value. Hair loss has become the most worrisome issue for both men and women. When a man or woman starts losing hair, it makes an impact on the psychological health, self-esteem, and confidence.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Hair loss is a common condition faced by people of all age groups. There are various causes for hair loss. Hence understanding hair growth cycle is important to determine if the hair fall is normal or is due to an underlying cause. The Growth Cycle of Hair: The human scalp has around one hundred t ...  Read Article »

I had a diet without rice and meat. Is it healthy?
Query: Hello doctor,I had this diet with no rice and meat for five months. Is it healthy? I eat meat but only when I attend occasions. I was 99 back then and now I am 73 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ideal diet is a balanced combination of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Eating meat is not a necessity if you are taking adequate vegetarian proteins. If you are avoiding rice, but substituting that with any other healthy carbohydrate, that should be fine too. ...  Read Full »

Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?
Query: Hello doctor,There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is absolutely not a good way to lose 10 kg in 10 days. It can create several health problems. So, I suggest you do not do this. The best rate would be to reduce 4 to 5 kg in a month. About eating eggs, eating three to four eggs is ideal for weight management, b...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Crash Diet? We have medical experts to help you right away.