Ctg

Related Terms: Cardiotocography, Itching, Obstetric Cholestasis, Pregnancy, Severe Itching, Ursodeoxycholic Acid

What causes the entire body to itch during pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am pregnant, and my entire body is itching. What could be the reason? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is itching alone (especially involving palms and soles) without any skin rashes, it could be a condition called obstetric cholestasis. In obstetric cholestasis, the liver is unable to send out the waste product called bile acids, and they accumulate in the b...  Read Full »

Why has itchiness come back in an obstetric cholestasis patient?
Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with obstetric cholestasis two months back due to symptoms of itchy palms and feet. My LFT's and bile acids where raised. I was put on Ursodeoxycholic acid 500 gm twice daily and pregnancy vitamins. My symptoms disappeared within a week. I am closely monitored, weekly bl...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right. You have symptoms and signs of OC (obstetric cholestasis) that shows itching on palms and soles in the absence of rash with abnormal LFT and bile acid and resolves after birth. Obstetric cholestasis has increased the risk of preterm birth especially iatro...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ctg? We have medical experts to help you right away.