Dental Correction

Related Terms: Orthodontic Treatment, Dental Braces, Depression, Improperly Aligned Teeth, Dental Scaling, Teeth Alignment, Gastritis

Should I need to remove my lower left wisdom tooth after extracting upper left wisdom tooth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had cheek biting on the left side, and I removed my left upper wisdom tooth before three months. I have a white line and patch adjacent to the lower left wisdom tooth. I also have some white dots over the cheek. I had some sensitivity issue in the left lower wi...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have sensitivity on your wisdom tooth, you should re-evaluate the filling. However, if it is not severe and increasing in nature, please wait for sometime, and it can subside on its own. The presence of wisdom tooth will not interfere with the braces treatment. ...  Read Full »

I started having lisping problem after I got dental veneers. Do the teeth need more adjusting?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently got six porcelain veneers across my top front teeth, and now I have a lot of difficulty in my speech. I have a slurring sound while saying 's' and 't' in particular. I always had a bit of a lisp, but now it is so much worse that I am embarrassed to talk at all because I sound ...  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have a lisping problem, then it can be due to the thick edges of the veneers, and also you need proper training to speak properly. It takes some time for the muscles of lips, cheeks, and tongue to coordinate with the veneers and adjust accordingly so that you ca...  Read Full »

Is it compulsory to wear elastics for overbite correction?
Query: Hi doctor, I was informed by my dentist that I have a problem with my bite and I use elastics along with my braces. I feel it uncomfortable. I force my teeth to stay how they really are. I have no problem with my jaw and I am very unhappy about the way I look with elastics. My teeth do not fit toget...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are happy with your current bite, then you can definitely tell your dentist to keep your bite as it is and that you do not want elastics. He will modify his treatment plan accordingly and will stop when the teeth are stabilized properly. But, if there is some occlu...  Read Full »

Please explain the treatment options available for teeth grinding and underbite.
Query: Hi doctor, What is the best mouth guard used for teeth grinding? What is the cheapest way available to treat underbite?  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teeth grinding affects dental health. It is a cause of attrition. If stress is the cause for grinding the teeth, then do regular exercise, yoga, and meditation. Avoid drinks that contain caffeine. Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking, if you have the habit. Take a suffici...  Read Full »

Please explain the benefits of breathing through the nose than mouth.
Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the benefits of breathing through the mouth and breathing through the nose. Is one better for the body than the other? Does it depend on activity that is, exercise?  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nose is considered as the primary organ for breathing. It warms, cleans and humidifies the inspired air and cools and removes water from the expired. It also adds quality to the speech production. During exercise, the function of the nose is bypassed. It is important for ...  Read Full »

How can dental midline deviation be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, and I have an issue with my upper teeth. I lost the right canine tooth when I was young, which made my upper front teeth to move to the side. And my front two teeth are a little big. I consulted a local dentist, who said the solution is to take out one normal tooth, that...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without any clinical pictures, it is hard to comment on the situation. However, I will give you some basic facts. When a tooth is lost or removed on one side, the rest of the teeth tend to move in that space. Thus shifting the midline to one side. To correct this, there ...  Read Full »

My lower jaw sits a little backwards. Can this be corrected?
Query: Hello doctor, I have some problems with my dental structure. The one that I feel as a major issue is that my lower jaw sits a little backwards from where it should rest. It is resulting in giving me a double chin and makes me look awkward. Kindly suggest how this can be corrected. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to see a picture for finding a complete treatment plan. Some type of cases can be corrected by using braces or orthodontic treatment, but some require a surgical procedure to correct them. Revert back with the photos to a dentist online --> https:...  Read Full »

Early Detection of Dental Problems in Kids
Article Overview: It is of utmost importance that parents routinely examine the intraoral region of their kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues like milk tooth, permanent tooth and the jaw. Most of the oral and maxillofacial anomalies seen in children can be corrected by taking appropriate preventive steps in the growing stage itself.  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Pedodontist

It is very important to routinely examine the intraoral region of the kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues. For this, the parents should have a basic knowledge about the function of the mouth and the intraoral parts and its esthetics. Some of the common features which ...  Read Article »

Dental Schedule For Children To Prevent Future Dental Problems
Article Overview: This article emphasizes that, adequate care of the milk teeth till the child reaches 15 years will reduce many possible dental problems and save you money later!!!  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Pedodontist

All the dental problems which are found in an average human being can be prevented if proper timely intervention is done. Every child should be made familiar with a dentist at an early age and not just when he is having pain or discomfort. A child should be brought to a dentist for the f ...  Read Article »

Malaligned Teeth Correction Using Invisalign or Clearbite Therapy
Article Overview: Invisalign treatment technique is a new form of orthodontic correction of malaligned teeth by gradual precise movement of all teeth using various graduated transparent plastic jacket through the use of computer generated 3D animation to know the final position of each teeth and the resulting occlusion.  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Orthodontist

In this treatment, the aligners have to be changed every 14 days to get the desired alignment in 6 to 10 months time. Advantages of Invisalign: The chief benefit of this method is the simplicity of treatment where the final position of all teeth can be determined beforehand and shown t ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Dental Correction? We have medical experts to help you right away.