Diagnosis Of Lipoma

Related Terms: Lipomas, Painless Swellings, Surgical Excision Of Lipoma, Treatment Of Lipoma, Sebaceous Cyst, Benign Growth, Colon Cancer

I have two new lipomas in the same arm as the old one. Please advise.
Query: Hi doctor, In my right upper arm, I have a lipoma which grows slowly from three years. Now, I have two new lipomas in the same upper arm. There is no pain as such. Is it normal?  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly I want to ask you whether the diagnosis of lipoma was made by a doctor. Because swellings may be of several types. My advice is to visit a surgeon for an examination in person. The doctor will be able to tell you the best whether you need a biopsy or excisio...  Read Full »

What advise would a chiropractor give for lipoma?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male, healthy and active all my life. I have multiple lipomas that do not bother me except for their appearance and having to explain to people what these bumps on my body are whenever I take my shirt off. Doctors say all I can do is have them surgically removed, but th...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lipomas are cosmetic issue and can be unsightly especially if numerous or located at certain places. You have to decide whether surgery is needed as scars will replace bumps. No chiropractic technique will help. The only issue that you have to confirm with your doctor...  Read Full »

Is there any cure for lipoma?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a lipoma in my arm. Is there any cure?  Read Full »
Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: HelIo, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Lipomas are painless swellings. For lipoma, the best treatment is surgical excision and as it is not a big surgery you can go for it. Consult a general surgeon online regarding the surgical removal of the swe...  Read Full »

Is there any homeopathic cure for lipoma?
Query: Dear doctor, Is there a homeopathic cure available for lipomas? What are the treatment options available in homeopathy for lipomas?  Read Full »
Dr. Noela David Andrew David
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lipomas are essentially non-malignant and non-dangerouscollection of soft fatty tissues. Homeopathy has no medicines to cure lipoma. However, homeopathic scope in lipoma aims at reducing the size, pain if any, and can control new growths. Also,homeopathic medicines ca...  Read Full »

What is the tiny painful lump above my hip?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old, male, 5'9", 105 kg. When I woke up, I felt a tiny lumped mass on the back just above left hip. Only hurts when pressed hard. I am anxious. Could it be constipation?  Read Full »
Dr. Rashi Verma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are lots of differential diagnosis for the lump. Lipoma: It is an overgrowth of fat in an area. It is soft to touch. It is a benign condition. It is a slow-growingtumor and usually recurs if removed. No treatment is needed if small. Sebaceaous cyst: It is cystic...  Read Full »

I have a painless small raised lump on my arm. What is it?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a small red raised lump on my arm with slightly waxy appearance. It does not itch and has grown from nothing to approximately four to five mm in diameter since three months. Initially, it just started as a very small dot and has grown. I am attaching the pictures for your refere...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your photos (attachments removed to protect patient identity). It is a small reddish papule. Since how long you have this? Is it painful? This could be either of these. Insect bite reaction or small lipoma. Mastocytoma (mast cell tumor) or melanoma.  Man...  Read Full »

Does the CT scan mean any infective or neoplastic etiology?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother had CT scan done today and report says following: Lobulated hypodense SOL's in the peritoneal cavity in the left paracolic region measuring 5.6x3.8 cm and 3.0x3.0 cm, with mild perilesional fat stranding. Infective or neoplastic etiology? The doctor thinks it is cancer tumor...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), space occupying lesion is present. Hence malignancy has to be ruled out here. For that CT or USG-guided biopsy has to be taken and send it for histopathology examination. By histopathology report, t...  Read Full »

What could a hard but painless bump on vagina be?
Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities: Paraurethral gland swelling. Lipoma. Fibroma. Sebaceous cyst. Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct...  Read Full »

Is the lump on my back fat or a tumor?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a knot or lump on my upper back just in the middle and little right side of the back. It can be felt when I get a massage. Can this be dangerous? The doctor once told me seven years back that it might be fat. What test can make sure that it is not a serious kind of tumor?  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a lipoma, which is a benign fat mass with a soft consistency. Lipoma is completely benign with no complications. A biopsy is the most confirmative method. Surgical assessm...  Read Full »

Is there a permanent cure for abdomen pain caused by uterus fibroids?
Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 46 years old now. She got married 17 years back and have a girl child of age 15. For nearly 10 years, she is having abdominal pain, which will occur during the periods and will last for five days. It will start two days before periods and will last three or four days after i...  Read Full »
Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the detailed information given by you, the issues I think need resolution are as follows: Regarding fibroid it need removal as that is an important cause of pain abdomen. It can be done laparoscopically at this age. My suggestion is to remove the ut...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Diagnosis Of Lipoma? We have medical experts to help you right away.