Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis

My 8 months old son gets constipated very easily. What shall I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8 month old son is having eczema issues since he was around 2 months old. I presume because of allergies. We have tried many things to find what causes his issues, but still have not got it to go away long term. My main concern is that he has had issues with digestion for the past f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not unusual for infants to have constipation and milk protein allergies are also not that uncommon. You can try Similac has a product by the name of Similac Alimentum; they are broken down milk proteins. You can also try soy milk. You have to be very careful abou...  Read Full »

Tests for stomach pain revealed a high eosinophil count. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a stomach ache from the last two months. It got worsened last week and I was admitted to a hospital. A lot of tests were done. The CBC revealed eosinophilia. The gastroscopy revealed an edematous duodenum. A duodenal biopsy was taken. I have attached my biopsy report. I want to u...  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and the findings were normal. There is nothing to be worried about. You will need to use PPI's (proton pump inhibitors) to improve your symptoms. Regarding your eosinophilia, it may be el...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee