Hair Care

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Minoxidil, Control Hair Loss, Sunscreen, Acne, Sinusitis

Hair Care at Home
Article Overview: This article discusses general hair care measures.  Read Article »

In most of the countries, women have long hair as a tradition. But, it has a few disadvantages. Hair becomes soiled due to the collection of dirt as a result of shedding of the upper layer of skin or from dust from the atmosphere, salts from evaporated sweat and bacteria. This dirt or dust is held o ...  Read Article »

Hair Care Through Ayurveda
Article Overview: Ayurveda does miracles in hair fall, and in maintenance of healthy hair and scalp. This article discusses the causes for hair fall and the steps to prevent loss of hair.  Read Article »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Normal and Abnormal Hair Fall: If there is a fall of more than 100 hair strands per day, it is considered as abnormal hair fall, less than that is considered as normal. However, there will be a fall of more than 200-250 hair strands after shampooing which is absolutely normal. Causes for Hair Fall ...  Read Article »

Routine Hair Care and Common Hair Problems
Article Overview: This article will tell you about proper hair care. And answer questions like, how much hair is lost daily? Will dandruff lead to hair loss? How to oil your hair? How should conditioner be used? What causes split ends? Will shortening the hair reduce hair loss?  Read Article »
Dr. Uzzaif U Mansuri

Just as crops require proper nutrition in the form of water, sunlight, pesticides, etc. regularly, so does the hair. It needs vitamins, conditioner, and nourishment. We can provide nutrition to the hair in the form of dietary supplements like food rich in vitamins like green leafy vegetables, s ...  Read Article »

Hair Loss - Common Causes and Hair Care Tips
Article Overview: Scalp hair has cosmetic value. Hair loss has become the most worrisome issue for both men and women. When a man or woman starts losing hair, it makes an impact on the psychological health, self-esteem, and confidence.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Hair loss is a common condition faced by people of all age groups. There are various causes for hair loss. Hence understanding hair growth cycle is important to determine if the hair fall is normal or is due to an underlying cause. The Growth Cycle of Hair: The human scalp has around one hundred t ...  Read Article »

Can bleaching be really harmful to my hair?
Query: Hello doctor, I bleached my roots twice in the summer, and there was a ton of overlap, resulting in a lot of breakages. I thought the breakage subsided so I had extensions put in. I just recently had them taken out and realized that my hair has become super thin and I have lost a lot of them and my...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleaching repeatedly would cause damage to the Disulfide bonds present in the hair, which is most often temporary. You definitely need hair nutrients like biotin, cysteine, selenium, calcium pantothenate, zinc, vitamin C to restore normal growth pattern of hair. Pl...  Read Full »

How can roots of my hairs get strong?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-year-old male. I am a fit and healthy man, but I have a hair fall problem. Actually, I can see that my hair is very thin and it is very weak. The root of my hair is not deep penetrated as compared to others as I can see and feel it by comparing with my brothers' and sisters' h...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can make out that you are fit and healthy by looking at your BMI (body mass index) and that is very nice. Kindly keep your BMI within 25 because overweight has an indirect role in hair fall. Now coming to your problem, it is quite difficult to make a diagnosis wi...  Read Full »

Is bleaching the cause of my hair loss?
Query: Hello doctor,I have bleached my hair three times this year and have suffered a great deal of hair loss. My hair has been breaking very often and it has come to shoulder length. I have not used anything as yet as I am too afraid that it may get worse. The shampoo and conditioner that I use are called...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It's very sad to hear that you are going through this hair problem. Bleaching can make hair weak and thinner. It is temporary and that is the good news. To regain the hair strength, you need to have hair nutrients. Eat protein-rich food, eggs, chicken, fish, milk...  Read Full »

My hair is thinning where I part it. Am I on my way to balding?
Query: Hello doctor, I always part my hair to the right and by the left corner of my forehead where I part it from it seems that in that corner the hair is looking thinner and thinner. The rest of my head there is plenty of thick hair and I am only 20 but I want to know if you think I am on my way to bald...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is grade 1 progressing to grade 2 androgenetic alopecia (AGA)/male pattern hair loss. Androgenetic alopecia is a progressive condition with hormonal and genetic influence. I would like ...  Read Full »

How to stop dandruff and hair fall?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. Since two years, I am getting tiny white balls coming out from my head in comb with dandruff flakes and a lot of hair fall. I took homeopathy medicine and after some time, it came again.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not very sure what you are referring to by saying white balls. It can be a small piece of dandruff scale forming a ball. To be more precise, I would like to see the picture. For any query, please make it a point to add the clinical picture, which would make dia...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Hair Damage
Article Overview: Beautiful, shiny, healthy hair is every woman's dream. But, in order to make hair attractive, we often do things which, in turn, cause damage to the hair. Damaged hair is fragile, giving a frizzy unhealthy appearance. If further same thing is continued, it can lead to hair loss and bald spots. But, a little care can prevent further damage. These are some tips to prevent hair damage.  Read Article »
Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Hair is a non-living, filamentous biomaterial consisting mainly of proteins, in particular, keratin. For this reason, once hair is damaged, it cannot heal by itself except by new hair growth at the scalp. Women need to understand that the very things that they do to hair to make it appear beautiful, ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Hair Care? We have medical experts to help you right away.