Kidney Biopsy

Related Terms: Chronic Kidney Disease, Ana Test, Autoimmune Disorder, Azathioprine, Proteinuria, Biopsy, Kidney Disorders, Hepatitis

My mom's health has deteriorated completely in a year. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 56 years old. She has been a diabetic for the last 20 years. Her health has deteriorated completely in the last year. We found out through a biopsy that her kidney has been damaged. Her gallbladder was removed as it was infected and had a stone as big as a marble. The mouth a...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhinav Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is having hypoalbuminemia (low level of albumin in the blood). Also, her serum potassium is high. We have to treat serum potassium first with diuretics and Insulin infusion. If the serum potassium does not come below 5.5, then she can go for dialysis. I would like to...  Read Full »

What does borderline positive c-ANCA levels indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, My c-ANCA levels are 5.6 U/ml (borderline positive). I have hypertension and proteinuria (3g), high serum creatinine (2.4) and UTI. My other autoimmune tests and serum electrophoresis results are negative. What should I do and what is the general prognosis?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: C-ANCA (Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies) positivity indicates Wegener's Granulomatosis. In this condition, there is involvement of upper and lower respiratory tract and kidneys. Most common diagnosis, while kidneys a...  Read Full »

What is the cause for increased albumin in blood?
Query: Hi doctor, My uncle has +3 albumin in his blood. He is not hypertensive and diabetic. What is the reason for the increase in albumin? What is the treatment? I have attached his reports.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have evaluated his report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and his urine test shows the presence of RBC (red blood cells) and protein in his urine. This is serious and requires attention. The most common causes are diabetes and hypertension, so they ...  Read Full »

How to prevent FSGS from developing into kidney failure?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with FSGS through kidney biopsy. What is the best thing to do regarding my diet? And also, how to prevent this from developing into a kidney failure?  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Varma
Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In FSGS (focal segmental glomerulosclerosis) as with most of the kidney diseases with protein leak, it is beneficial to restrict protein in the diet, especially animal protein. Salt restriction and restriction of oil and fatty foods are also recommended. Proper medicat...  Read Full »

Do birth control pills cause nephrotic syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been taking birth control pills for five months, since she gave birth. About two months ago, she started having some swelling in her feet and legs. She waited to see if it would go away, but it did not. Her doctor did some tests and found protein in the urine, so she sent ...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your physician said, birth control pills do not cause nephrotic syndrome or protein in urine. Nephrotic syndrome is the combination of nephrotic range proteinuria (more than 3 g of protein in urine) with a low serum albumin level and edema. The etiology or cause of ...  Read Full »

Does protein leak from the larger filter of kidney in nephrotic syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, I heard that in nephrotic syndrome the filtering unit of kidney becomes larger and so protein comes in urine. I am a patient of cortisone dependent nephrotic syndrome over 15 years. Doctor says that about 95 percent of children will get cured at the age of 18. I am 17 years old now. When...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have heard the things right. Due to increased pore there is protein in urine. The best treatment remains the Cortisone. In cases where there is no response to Cortisone as evidenced by persistence of albumin in urine, we need to shift those patients on Cyclopho...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about the growing lesion in my left kidney?
Query: Hi doctor, I have Li-Fraumeni syndrome. My concern is the growing lesion in my left kidney. The lesion has been moderately growing since three years in my left kidney. Although it is suggestive of angiomyolipoma, I feel quite nervous because of my genetic condition. I have received my final MRI rep...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The lesion in the left kidney, which is increasing in size, is of concern and we should rule out malignancy. It is not an acute emergency, but you should consult your urologist and plan...  Read Full »

Chronic Kidney Disease: A Summary
Article Overview: Chronic kidney disease, also known as chronic renal disease is a slow and progressive loss of renal function. This article talks about the signs, symptoms, and risk associated with the condition as well as the causes and complications including end-stage renal disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Nephrologist

Kidneys are organs whose primary function is to filter waste and excess fluids from the blood. In chronic kidney disease, there is a gradual loss of function, and so, there is an accumulation of fluid and waste in the body. In very severe cases, the build-up can reach dangerous levels. But, initiall ...  Read Article »

Please explain the MRI report for abdominal discomfort.
Query: Hi doctor, I need a detailed MRI review and report for my problem. Is that possible?  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sure, you can upload your scan with a proper history. Also, mention the areas of concern and re-evaluation regarding which aspect of the scan you want to know. That would ultimately benefit you. For more information consult a radiodiagnosis physician online --> h...  Read Full »

I have non-itchy red bumps in my body. What it could be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have raised red bumps on hands, arms, legs, and back of the shoulder. I never had rosacea or eczema or dermatitis or any other skin issues. They are also not itchy.  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of non-itchy bumps. It could be sarcoidosis, granuloma annulare or acneiform eruption. I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that, I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly. For ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Kidney Biopsy? We have medical experts to help you right away.