Prophylactic Vaccination

Related Terms: Rabies Vaccine, Vaccination, Dpt Vaccine, Inactivated Vaccine, Malaria Vaccine, Prophylaxis, Rabies

Will I get rabies infection through mild scratch?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. While I was walking in road in possession, two dogs were behind me. When one dog tried to cross me and its front left leg touched my right foot toe. I saw nothing in my foot initially and it happened around 9 AM. At 10 AM, I washed it with soap and I saw a line ...  Read Full »
Dr. Arun R Kaushik
Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have written, I feel that you have a grade one scratch. Since no bleeding was there, you need not worry. Usually claws do not contain any virus, but cannot always be sure. I suggest you to get a prophylactic vaccination done for rabies. Usually, dose of...  Read Full »

Should I opt for painful or painless vaccination for my daughter?
Query: Hi doctor, My little angel will have her first vaccine after the one given in hospital after birth. My doctor said there are two ways, painful and painless. Which one shall I go with? When I asked the doctor, she asked me to read the latest vaccination guidelines. Is painless good? I heard most peop...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to the latest vaccination guidelines, the whole-cell vaccine is preferred over the purified-cell vaccine. The whole-cell vaccine is painful, but it is now the recommended vaccine. I advise you to go for a whole-cell vaccine for DPT...  Read Full »

Are malaria and typhoid vaccines safe for a 9 month old baby?
Query: Dear Doctor, Is it safe for a 9 month baby to travel to the Dominican Republic? Also, is it safe for a 8-9 month old to take vaccines for malaria and typhoid?  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is safe to travel to Dominican Republic, but you need to care abut many issues. While traveling there are many issues related to health of your baby, example: he can get infection like malaria, typhoid, hepatitis A & E and varicella. So if you use prophylactic mea...  Read Full »

A pet dog bit me three years back. Can I take anti-rabies vaccine now?
Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. Three years ago, a dog slightly bit my hand. The dog died 1.5 years after he bit me. It has been three years now, but I am worried as I heard that rabies appears after years. I did not take any medicine then. I ignored it because it was a pet dog. If I take anti...  Read Full »
Dr. Ehsan Samarbafzadeh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your worry with this situation as rabies is considered dangerous. The good news is that the dog that bit you probably did not have rabies as the progression of this disease is fast in dogs. If a rabid dog bites you, it will die in weeks. As you mentioned t...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Prophylactic Vaccination? We have medical experts to help you right away.