Radiculopathy

Related Terms: Nerve Compression, Cervical Radiculopathy, Pregabalin, Physiotherapy, Neck Pain, Disc Prolapse, Electromyogram

Following cervical surgery, my thumb went completely numb. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I had an MRI last year, which indicated a herniated disc and stenosis at C6-C7 left. So, I had cervical surgery ACDF. Still, l had pain for a couple of months and the MRI showed to my dismay that I still had stenosis with displacement of the C7 nerve root. Also, it showed that C5-C6 protr...  Read Full »
Dr. Tony Magana
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes it can take time for radiculopathy to improve even up to a year. If your neurological function is getting worse then a repeat MRI would be advisable. If the symptoms are the same and your neurological examination is not worse then you can wait before repeating a...  Read Full »

Why is there acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder?
Query: Hello doctor, I have acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder. Tingling pain in the left-hand finger and pain in the middle back and sometimes lower back. I am male, 27 years old.  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you must be suffering from cervical spondylitis with radiculopathy. This must have arose due to long time sitting posture or carrying a backpack. I suggest hot fomentation by hot water bag for 10 minutes with three sessions per day. Then, apply some local pain r...  Read Full »

I was suggested surgery for cervical spondylosis. Should I go for it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53 year old female. I am cervical spondylosis patient. After MRI report, the doctor suggested an operation. Should I go with the operation or not? MRI report: Spine with the screening of the whole spine: Cervical spine was studied with 3 mm thin slices in the axial and sagitt...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is persistent numbness in the hands in cervical radiculopathy, then surgery is indicated. As you have mentioned that you have significant numbness, and your MRI reports also suggest the same, you should consider getting a surgery done. Till then you can be ...  Read Full »

Why does my leg pain even after walking short distances?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old and my leg pains while walking. Can I please know what is the reason behind this? This problem started nine years ago. But, now my leg pains after walking even 20 to 30 meters. I am currently on Thyroxine 50 mg. I have had a Doppler ultrasound. Please help.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of leg pain. The most common is degenerative lumbar disc disease with radiculopathy due to compression of nerve root especially if the pain is only on one leg. The other causes are vitamin D and B deficiency especially if the pain is on both s...  Read Full »

I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain.Please help.
Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

Please help me understand my mom's MRI report of the lumbar spine.
Query: Hello doctor, My 68 years old mother is having severe back pain since last few months. Whenever she stands up for some time, her back pain starts, and it goes down to the entire legs. It becomes so intolerable that she has to sit down somewhere immediately to avoid pain, and she gets relief after sh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your mother's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother seems to be suffering from radiculopathy, due to nerve compression as a result of disc prolapse. The treatment of this problem needs patience and takes a long time. For pain,...  Read Full »

I have severe nerve pain between my left bum and leg. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have nerve pain between my left bum and left leg for the past two months. It is so painful that I cannot even walk, sit or lay down.  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you obese? Are you diabetic? Any pain in the lower back? The possible causes are lumbar spondylosis with radiculopathy or compressive neuropathy or peripheral neuropathy or restless leg syndrome or arthritis if knee with bursitis or peripheral vascular disease, etc...  Read Full »

Why am I getting radiating pain on my chest, shoulders and neck?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain around my esophagus, upper chest area as well as the bones under the eyes. The pain is radiating from upper chest to the shoulders. I am also having some memory problem. This has been slowly getting worse over a period of a couple of years. I can feel the pain on t...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pattern of pain you are describing is most probably due to any one of the following. Nerve irritation known as cervical radiculopathy that is due to compression or irritation of a nerve root of the neck. This might be associated with numbness. Disc herniation in the l...  Read Full »

I have a pain that runs from the left lower back to my left foot. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a pain that runs from the left lower back to the stomach, onto the left thigh and all the way to my left foot. I was stretching sideways while sitting with stretched legs when I heard a loud click. I cannot lift my leg straight to my chest, and I feel pain in my hip while lying dow...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must have locked your vertebral facet joint in a wrong pattern, due to which the L5-S1 nerve entrapment has occurred. As a result, you are getting the radiating pain. It is a case of radiculopathy, so get a seven-day physiotherapy session consisting of the following. ...  Read Full »

My feet is numb and tingly. Is it due to nerve entrapment?
Query: Hello doctor, Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the o...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) had been normal, there is possibility can be: Muscle fatigue. Ligament or soft tissue injury pain. Mild neuropraxia due to some soft tissue injury, which is not evident in NCV. Radiculopathy. I would like to...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Radiculopathy? We have medical experts to help you right away.