Sebopsoriasis

Related Terms: Itchy Scalp, Scalp Psoriasis, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Coal Tar, Benzoyl Peroxide, Betamethasone Dipropionate, Biotin, Clindamycin

Is it possible to control sebopsoriasis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have flaky skin on my scalp. My doctor told me it is sebopsoriasis. The flaking is limited to the scalp, and my doctor has prescribed Folitrax 5 mg and Aprezo 30 mg. I am having this problem for about four to five years. I am able to control flaking in the scalp by washing with shampoo...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query. Yes, it can be controlled with medications. But, unfortunately, you may experience frequent exacerbations due to stress or steroids or specific medicine or due to a sore throat. Mix one part of Betamethasone lotion with two part of an oliv...  Read Full »

I have hair fall, itching and white flakes on scalp. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, For four years, I have been suffering from severe hair fall. I have also visited a hair clinic once, but their treatment is too expensive. So, I have not continued the treatment. As my earning is very low, I have never visited any good dermatologist. I have tried various products, but the...  Read Full »
Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is sebopsoriasis of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest a shampoo containing Coal tar and Salicylic acid on alternate day and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes on the hair and then wash. There is no evidence of familial type of hair loss fou...  Read Full »

Apart from getting injections, what treatments are available for seborrheic dermatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, Eight years ago, a car wreck shattered the windshield, and my head got injured with pieces of glass. They did not take the glass out, and I have also been dying my hair since I was 16. I developed fibromyalgia from the wreck, which is supposed to be relatively non-progressive, however ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis from your history would still be seborrheic dermatitis or sebopsoriasis or scalp psoriasis. This is more of a cyclical problem, it tends to curb down with 2 to 3 months of treatment, but recurring back with a change in season or lifestyle. However, it n...  Read Full »

My face has broken out worse than before. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. My face is heavily broken out worse than ever before with patches of flaking and peeling of skin over the oily areas. I have had acne since the age of 9, and have had psoriasis since I was 7 which tends to appear on my face during winter and on the rest of ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have inflammatory acne (moderate to severe grade). The flakiness over the oily skin zone is perhaps due to associated seborrheic dermatitis or sebopsoria...  Read Full »

I have spots of white powder like substance on my head. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, On my head some four to five spots of white powder like substance is forming. Initially I had it only on two spots but now it became five spots. If it is dandruff entire head part will occur but mine is different. I have lost some hairs on surrounding affected spots. Please tell me wha...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the good quality photographs of the lesion and also please tell me if there is any burning or itching? Let me know if any other areas are affected like elbow and knee? Looking forward for your response in order to help you. Revert back with the ph...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sebopsoriasis? We have medical experts to help you right away.