Medical Advice on "Silicone Ointment"

Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: … View thread »

This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the following medications: Tablet Piroxicam (20 mg) one tablet after food for ten days. Tablet … View thread »

Mostly this appears to be plantar fasciitis but I could not see your X-rays as it is not attached. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the … View thread »

Looking at the history and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there seems to be a clear correlation. Betnovate-C (combination of Betamethasone valerate and Clioquinol) is a steroid cream and Quadriderm is a very nonspecific kind of cream. With … View thread »

I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises. When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plantar … View thread »

No, you do not need a second opinion. The surgery is done, but you still have some tenosynovitis of the other tendons, which has to come down. Also, it is very likely that you have a flat foot due to the tenosynovitis of the posterior tibialis tendon. So, I suggest you … View thread »

Intra-articular fractures of calcaneum if displaced require fixation otherwise there will be loss of movements at the subtalar joint. However, in this case tiptoe movement should have been preserved because it is through ankle joint proper. I need your current x-ray of … View thread »

•  

Do you have a question on Silicone Ointment? We have medical experts to help you right away.