Surgical Drainage

Related Terms: Antibiotics, Surgical Excision, Abscess, Drainage Of Abscess, Fever, Amoxicillin, Biopsy

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old and married for the last 3.5 years. One and a half years back, I had a surgery to remove ovarian cyst and fibroid tumor from uterus by laparoscopy. But, somehow one incision area got infected and I was under antibiotic for almost 5 months. Meantime, I relocated and th...  Read Full »
Dr. Raghu
Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unfortunate that you have to undergo repeated surgeries due to the infection. A combined therapeutic approach including surgical drainage, debridement, and prolonged treatment (more than three months) with combined antimicrobial agents, has been used in managing cas...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I have had painful/itchy bumps on the inside of the upper eyelid on both eyes (outside corner) for over two months now. They started as red, irritated patches, and now are growths of some kind. My optometrist told me to use lubricating eye drops four times a day. It has not helped at al...  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They do look like chalazia, which are basically an inflammation of the oil glands in your eyelids which pour an oily substance over your eyes to prevent dryness. Sometimes they do respond to hot...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with ear infection and a perforated eardrum. Initially, I was diagnosed with a viral respiratory infection and followed by ear infection in a two days. I have been taking antibiotics for three days now. I have a lot of fluid continuing to seep from my ear. How lon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears with your history that you are suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection that has complicated into an ear infection. Usually, once the antibiotic course starts, the problem should resolve within three to four days and completely by five to sev...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,A mole like projection has developed in my lip. It does not get cured. I bite my lip often. But, I feel it is very abnormal on my lip. Can you please help me?  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a cystic lesion of the buccal mucosa probably swelling of a minor salivary gland (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If it has been present as such for a long time and especially if it is increasing in size, then you would have to visit a dentist for i...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My son has a preauricular sinus infection for almost 24 days now. He is taking antibiotics regularly, but the infection is still there. Pus is getting produced on a daily basis. Twice the doctor brought out pus through a syringe. He also made a cut to drain the pus, and then he made ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A preauricular sinus is a tract that opens outside through a punctum and it is lined by epithelium. Imagine a very small tube lined by epithelium which produces skin over it and debris. With time the debris gets accumulated provides a nidus for bacterial growth and bec...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I got a minor surgery for liver abscess and a drain was installed. Pus in the color of chocolate and little thick is coming out. Is it normal? How much time it will take to recover? For how many days the drain has to be installed?  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. We need to know some more details about your problem. What was the size of abscess to which the drain was installed? How many liver abscesses were present? Any amebic serology was done? What treatment you are o...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,This query is regarding my dad, who was diagnosed with obstructive jaundice last year. He was admitted to a hospital, and the doctor examined my dad and told us that they need to perform a Whipple procedure on my dad. We did not ask for a second opinion, and we let them go ahead with the...  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully gone through all your dad's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, I am sorry for your loss. I also feel saddened by your story as it could have been managed so much better. Consider it a help to just guide you regarding w...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I have a skin rash near my left ankle area. It is 5 cm long and 3 cm wide. The skin is very rough and dry. The area is very painful, and I am even unable to touch it. I also have a few white spots, which are filled with pus in the area. I am a 43 years old female, and I have no medical his...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any history of trauma or diabetes? You should try antibiotics for this. I suggest you try taking the following: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Capsule Augmentin (Amoxicillin and...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My 37 year old wife was infected by some virus a month ago. She ran a fever of around 100 to 102 F for four days. She was treated for the flu, so the fever went away on the fifth day, but she had a very noticeable swelling around the left clavicular area. Her blood work showed normal W...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears like a pyomyositis, a bacterial infection of muscle, probably of the pectoral muscle. It is usually seen in immunosuppressed patients. You mentioned she is receiving Prednisone, it could be due to this. What is the reason for taking P...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Surgical Drainage? We have medical experts to help you right away.