Medical Advice on "Surgical Drainage"

It is unfortunate that you have to undergo repeated surgeries due to the infection. A combined therapeutic approach including surgical drainage, debridement, and prolonged treatment (more than three months) with combined antimicrobial agents, has been used in managing … View thread »

It appears with your history that you are suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection that has complicated into an ear infection. Usually, once the antibiotic course starts, the problem should resolve within three to four days and completely by five to … View thread »

It is a cystic lesion of the buccal mucosa probably swelling of a minor salivary gland (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If it has been present as such for a long time and especially if it is increasing in size, then you would have to visit a dentist for … View thread »

What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get … View thread »

A preauricular sinus is a tract that opens outside through a punctum and it is lined by epithelium. Imagine a very small tube lined by epithelium which produces skin over it and debris. With time the debris gets accumulated provides a nidus for bacterial growth and … View thread »

I had gone through all the data you have posted. We need to know some more details about your problem. What was the size of abscess to which the drain was installed? How many liver abscesses were present? Any amebic serology was done? What treatment you are on at … View thread »

I have carefully gone through all your dad's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, I am sorry for your loss. I also feel saddened by your story as it could have been managed so much better. Consider it a help to just guide you regarding … View thread »

Do you have any history of trauma or diabetes? You should try antibiotics for this. I suggest you try taking the following: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Capsule Augmentin (Amoxicillin and … View thread »

From your description, it appears like a pyomyositis, a bacterial infection of muscle, probably of the pectoral muscle. It is usually seen in immunosuppressed patients. You mentioned she is receiving Prednisone, it could be due to this. What is the reason for taking … View thread »

It means there is obstruction to your sinus drainage because of a deviated nasal septum with spur and concha bullosa, leading to recurrent sinusitis. Due to retained secretions in the paranasal sinuses there is infection and headache. Nasal septum deviation to the … View thread »

Do you have a question on Surgical Drainage? We have medical experts to help you right away.