Normal Cervical Length

Why are the complications of fetus in a low head position?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, I had an ultrasound and the impressions are single live intrauterine fetus of 29 weeks gestation with posterior placenta of grade 2 maturity with adequate liquor with active fetal movements. Cervical length 3.91 cm, FHR 150 per minute, AFI 14.6 cm, EFW...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Your report is absolutely normal. The head in the current scan is low down but at this stage, the baby keeps moving around. At present, it is down and the next moment it could be up or even in breach. So, the position of the baby is not very...  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full »

Is it safe to have 2.9 cm of cervix length at 16 weeks? Do I need cerclage or bed rest?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I am 16 weeks pregnant now. My cervix is closed measuring 2.9 cm. I have heard that the length is short for me. What should be the average length of the cervix at 16 weeks? My doctor prescribed me Progesterone suppository. She has not advised me for bed rest or cerclag...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharmila Naik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical length should be around 3.5 cm to 4 cm at 16 weeks. But some women do not have problems in pregnancy throughout the weeks even at 2.5 cm length. On ultrasound, we need to have a full bladder (means control of urination) to measure the exact length of the cervix...  Read Full »