Ocular Hypertension

What causes blurry vision in the morning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing blurred vision in the morning, and the vision improves only after two to three hours. My eyes always feel strained as well. I wear progressive glasses and underwent radial keratotomy 22 years back. The days on which I do not sleep well, the haziness seems to be more. Wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be a few possibilities. Taking age into factor, you will need to get your intraocular pressure checked. The eye pressure tends to be higher in the morning, and in younger people with ocular hypertension, it can manifest as a blurry vision in the morning. ...  Read Full »

Having ocular hypertension,will it lead to glaucoma? Is there a risk of blindness?

Query: Hello, I would like to have a remote eye view on a question related to glaucoma. I am 35 years old and I am being followed for 5 years for ocular hypertension. I have between 23 and 26 mmHg by applanation tonometer. My field of vision is good. Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) examinations are good...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having ocular hypertension. Since the results of visual field, optic disc changes and OCT are normal, there is no glaucoma. But treatment of ocular hypertension is necessary for you to prevent developmen...  Read Full »