Reason For Depression

Please help me overcome depression and gastric problems.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female, and for a year, I am totally depressed. My life is getting worse, without friends, family, hobbies. There is no one to bother about me. I have already seen three gastroenterologists, and I have tried for a half year: Helicid + Famosan + Ursosan + Itoprid + D...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.   Read Full »

How to cure a person suffering from depression with strange behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is showing some strange attitude. She says that she is hearing a strange voice and acting strangely. Are these due to depression? What are the symptoms of depression? What are the causes of depression? Before three years, she was treated for depression, and still on medication....  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hearing a strange voice is a symptom of psychosis which can be a symptom of depression. Low mood, lack of interest in previously pleasurable activities and lethargy are some significant symptoms of depression. Genetic cause, a reaction in an unhealthy way to a life stress...  Read Full »

Why am I having PPD in spite of being on Percocet and Zoloft?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my baby last week. After coming off IV painkillers for the C-section, the doctor prescribed Percocet. On the third day after giving birth, my depression returned as it was before. Is it safe to take Percocet, Zoloft, Lithium, and Wellbutrin-XL? It seemed like the depression came...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. It will be better to stop all the above medications except Zoloft (Sertraline) and Lamictal (Lamotrigine). Zoloft and Lamictal cause very rare and mild side effects. Pregnancy may cause depression. You need family support ...  Read Full »