Rice Therapy

Why am I getting knee pain even with simple activity?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden multiple joint pain in the morning?

Query: About 2 days ago I started to notice some slight pain in a couple different joints. Then upon waking up yesterday morning my jount pain was awful . Finally I woke up this morning in severe Pain to where I was screaming and crying . I do not have any arthritis nor has this ever happen to me . What co...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending You and healing energy! Dear I check your city you live in is warm not cold.If you were living in very cold and had this problem then I would have think about some disease which affect joint in cold session. Since you said you had short history of joint pain it is be raise in level of...  Read Full »

Why do I have extreme pain and unable to bear weight on my grade 3 sprained ankle?

Query: I have a grade 3 sprained ankle. Im male, 5"9, 160lbs. I had severe swelling to the size of a softball the first day, aswell as bruising that started to appear overnight. On day 4 I went to the doctor and got xrays. The doctor determined it was a grade 3 sprain but gave me a projected recovery time ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Physiotherapist

Answer: Dear, thank you for your query. As per the information provided by you I would suggest you to follow PRICE protocol that is protection,rest,ice,compression and elevation.Also I would suggest you to wear ankle support/brace or tapping the ankle to provide more stability and thus accelerate healing.A...  Read Full »

How to treat leg pain and soft tissue injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Before 20 days, I went to a party, got drunk and met with a fall. My leg started paining from the next day. I could not walk without it hurting. I went to A and E and they said it was just a soft tissue injury. Still now, I am having pain and not able to bend it properly or fully extend ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arti Sharma

Paediatrician, General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your pain and concern. It is possible that you have suffered a muscle sprain. I advise you to try RICE approach (rest, ice, compression and elevation) for it. Rest the sprained part for at least 48 to 72 hours completely. Do not use it. Apply ice wrapped in ...  Read Full »

Please provide a second opinion on the treatment for ankle injury.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother had an ankle injury and she cannot walk. She fell down inside the house while walking and her leg is twisted. We have subsequently taken an x-ray and I have attached the x-ray for your reference. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother's x-ray grossly appears to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears as a case of ankle sprain. Standard treatment for which is RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) therapy. It is rest the limb as much as possible, apply...  Read Full »

I am experiencing a lot of skin changes. I want to get back my appearance. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing the skin and facial changes for more than a year. It has not resolved since then. I am also experiencing very uncomfortable sensation in my face, especially around the eyes. My skin is thin, fragile and mottled. It is shiny, though no oil is produced. Eyes seem ...  Read Full »

Dr. Omnath Alvoor

Naturopathy Specialist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you try some of the following methods to smoothen your skin. Apply coconut milk diluted with water on the face, twice a day. Mix boiled rice and rice water ...  Read Full »

I injured my foot during a fall. Should I get it checked?

Query: Hello doctor, I injured my foot during a fall in a creek, a month ago. There is no bruising or swelling. The pain is on the outside of my foot, on the top. It has been getting worse. I am unable to walk or stand for long periods of time. I have been taking Ibuprofen, putting ice on it, and resting. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your fall. As your pain is not resolved even after taking pain medications and ice compress frequently, I recommend you go for an X-ray of your foot in the anterior-posterior and lateral views to rule out a hairline fracture. I also suggest you stop...  Read Full »