Secondary Depression

How to treat compulsive superstitions?

Query: Hi doctor,How to treat compulsive superstitions? I need some help to treat my mother. She is also a depression patient, for which she is taking medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Superstitions are normal in our culture. It can be pathological if it is significant enough to cause distress and impairment in day-to-day functioning. Many people resort to these superstitions as a possible explanation for their false beliefs. However, I need to know if ...  Read Full »

I have a bearable headache after hospitalization. Is it due to meningoencephalitis?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 28 year old male. His weight is 56 kg and height is 6 feet. He was an assistant Professor in an Engineering college. For around five days, He had a heavy unbearable headache, high fever, vomiting, loss of appetite, lost consciousness and had a single episode of seizure o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per given history and reports, it seems that the patient had meningoencephalitis. The probable cause for which may be tuberculosis. MRI also showed granulomas in the brain and the patient is currently on four drug ATT (antituberculosis treatment) with oral steroids....  Read Full »