Shoulder Weakness

What is FSHD?

Query: Hi doctor, Please check the genetic report and it was done to check FSHD.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report says that this patient has the gene for FSHD (facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy). Since the patient also has a weakness of shoulders, the diagnosis is confirmed...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my father's shoulder condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am enclosing an MRI report of my father who is 70 years old. I want to know whether an operation is the only available option for his shoulder condition according to the report. If we go for the operation, then what is the success rate? Without an operation, how long will it take to get...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report enclosed by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that there is a rotator cuff tear due to which he must be having a weakness in his affected shoulder. The decision whether surgical procedure is required or ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the accumulation of fluid in subcoracoid bursa?

Query: Hello doctor,In left shoulder joint minimal fluid seen in the subcoracoid and subdeltoid bursa and also in bicep tendon. Finding symptoms of subcoracoid/ subdeltoid bursitis and mild biceps Tendinosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report is suggestive of some impingement of shoulder joint with a mild fluid collection. I recommend you to not to load your shoulder for a while. I suggest: A lot of icing for the joint like once in two hours for 15 minutes. Gentle kneading over the rotator...  Read Full »

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »