Stomach Rumbling

Will chronic problem in gut give rise to skin rashes?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last year or so I have been experiencing a troubled gut, gassy disposition, constant rumbling in the stomach, and frequent burps. Since then I have stopped consuming lactose, heavy foods such as cheese, full-fat milk, and paneer since but my stomach is still unsettled a year o...  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your gut is not normal, it will definitely affect your skin. First thing, include a lot of probiotics in your diet. Take two cups of curd daily. Have small frequent meals like two to three hours eat something. Your meal should be breakfast, lunch, and dinner with two...  Read Full »

How to diagnose stomach problems?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had roti with spinach, which is home made. Today morning, I experienced a stomach bout, but not watery. Should I take a combination of antibiotics Ridol and Ulticept 500 mg along with Metrogyl and Eldoper? I am still feeling uneasy. Please guide me on this. Every 20 days, I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I was trying to understand your blood work. Is your TSH 14 and HbA1c 7%? The reason why I am concerned about these tests is because hyperthyroidism can cause recurrent diarrhea and if your HbA1c (diabetes) number is high it can also cause diarrhea. You can use the Rido...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution for GERD and rumbling stomach.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. From the last few days, I am suffering from GERD. I feel something is stuck in my throat and even if I take water this feeling never goes. Also, I feel a loud sound in my stomach before and after lunch and formations of gas. I took Reblet D, Eristozyme tables and Su...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Not sure whether the diagnosis of GERD (gastric esophageal reflux disease) is made by you or your physician. By looking at the symptoms it looks like there is increased gastric acid secretion which is giving you the sensation of bloating. Diagnosis of GERD is made if yo...  Read Full »

Why are there cramps, noise in stomach and gassy feel before periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 15-year-old female. The day before my period I got bad cramps and they stopped before I go to bed. On the day of my periods, my stomach is making weird noises and I feel that it is filled with gas and getting little cramps. What is my problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is autonomic nervous dysfunction before the period comes, and this period can stretch as long as 14 days before your period. You may experience bloating due to excess gas discomfort in your back and pelvis. Weird sound in your tummy, constipation, diarrhea, a...  Read Full »

I am suffering from stomach gurgling noises. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am very depressed due to stomach gurgling noises at work, during the meeting, office training, etc. l have been facing this from my college. I am not able to concentrate on anything for the past four years. As soon I as I enter the office I feel very uncomfortable. During meeting wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When you are saying stomach growling noises, you are probably referring to borborygmi. This is a normal process which happens to everybody when gas travels through the intestines. In some people, it can appear more prominent, especially if one is hungry or after meal...  Read Full »

Why is my stomach rumbling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 13-year-old female and my height is 5 feet. I weigh about 106 pounds. I have been having stomach issues. The main issue is stomach rumbling. It happens when I wake up, after eating almost anything and before I sleep. I have tried skipping one of the meals but to no avail. It st...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are not drinking enough fluids, I suggest you increase your water intake to eight large glasses per day. Sometimes gluten intolerance could be causing symptoms similar to what you have described. Gluten intolerance can start at any age even if you have neve...  Read Full »

I have tried various products to gain weight and spoiled my health. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to gain weight for the past six years. I have tried many types of steroids like ayurveda tablets, allopathy capsules, some of the mass gainers, weight gainers, etc., but they did not show any result. Once, I have gained 3 kg to 5 kg. But, when I left the supplements, I lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. I do not know why you are so obsessed about weight gain in the past because right now your BMI (body mass index) is 24.54, which is normal. First of all, just leave the past behind. Do not carry the burden of your past in your present....  Read Full »

I have stomach rumbling and foul smelling gas problem, please help.

Query: Dear Doctor, One week ago, I suddenly started suffering from severe acidity for 2 days. It was accompanied by mild fever and extreme fatigue (only 2 days). I consulted a doctor and he prescribed Pantodac for the stomach issue, and other pills for the fever, which got cured. But my stomach is stil...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hi, The medicines will only have effect as long as you take them. The main mode of treatment in cases like yours would be lifestyle changes. Please reduce intake of gas forming foods like potato and pulses like chickpea. Also do few simple changes in your food, sleep and activity as follows: Avoid ...  Read Full »