Testicular Sperm Extraction

Gondotropin levels show moderate testicular failure. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, He is 30 years old, and his height is 6ft. Gondotropin levels show moderate testicular failure, but no treatment was given. We had a micro TESE done for him, and no abnormalities were found. What does it mean? Should he have received medication to support this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The sperm analysis shows azoospermia (complete absence of sperm from the fluid ejaculated during orgasm) and testicular failure. If even after Micro TESE (testicular sperm extraction) t...  Read Full »

I have dull pain in my testicle. Can it be blue balls?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a dull pain in my testicle for the past three weeks. It is not very severe. I can ignore it. I have performed a TESE. I noticed no lump and no swelling. The testicles are normal to see. I am worried that it could be something serious. Can it be blue balls?  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in testicles can occur due to multiple reasons. Since it is mild, it could be due to prostate swelling, a urinary stone or dilated testicular veins. These can be ruled out by examination and ultrasound. Since no lump is palpable and there is no change in testicular...  Read Full »

I have done TESE last year and it causes pain in testicle. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done TESE last year. During my normal movements like rising from a chair, it seems to cause pain in my testicle (just like when you touch a wound). This pain is shooting to the hip like a nagging pain. Is this normal? what can I do for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pain and discomfort are common after TESE (testicular sperm extraction). Any straining like rising from the chair will cause pain. I suggest you wear tight underwear so that testes does not hang loose. It will support and reduce pain. Your body will heal on its...  Read Full »